Scrolling in lists

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
djww

Scrolling in lists

Post by djww »

I searched for scrolling and all I find is how to set the speed for scrolling the map.

I'm looking for a way to scroll the lists by one (1) instead of four or however fast they scroll now.
I appear to have "page scrolling" set somehow as everything on the list will scroll right off if I try to scroll it.
This causes me to scan the list top to bottom, scroll, and start at the top again. I would prefer to just look at the top couple of entries and scroll through the list.

I suspect this is just a parm I can set somewhere, but I can't find it.

Thanks and sorry for the lame question.
gnombat

Re: Scrolling in lists

Post by gnombat »

Which version of Battle for Wesnoth are you running?

I don't think there is any setting which controls the scrolling rate of lists (in fact I think that different lists have different scrolling rates) but version 1.12 seems to scroll less quickly than version 1.13. If you're using 1.13 you might want to try installing 1.12 and see if there's a difference. (I'm not sure if the scrolling change in version 1.13 is intentional and permanent or if it's happening just because the user interface in 1.13 is still under development and the scrolling might be adjusted before the final release.)