How to layer forest tiles in the editor

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

How to layer forest tiles in the editor

Post by WhiteWolf »

Hello,

I expect this is a super-dummy question, but I just can't figure out how to make the forest tiles in the editor act as overlay.
For example, I still use the 1.10 editor for some maps, because there the Hh^Fp used to be a standalone type you could select from the right-menu list.

Now, even though the terrain code of forests show ^Fp, when I left click it onto a Hh terrain, I always end up with having Gll^Fp, since Gll is the base_terrain for the forest. I can't get Hh^Fp onto the map.

So my question is how do you override the base layer, or how do you make the background tile stay what it was before applying forest?

I use 1.12.6 on debian mint.
Main UMC campaigns: The Ravagers - now for 1.16, with new bugs!
Old UMC works: The Underness Series, consisting of 5 parts: The Desolation of Karlag, The Blind Sentinel, The Stone of the North, The Invasion Of The Western Cavalry, Fingerbone of Destiny
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Re: How to layer forest tiles in the editor

Post by zookeeper »

Hold down shift when painting. Works for overriding both the overlay and underlay, depending on which type of terrain you have selected.
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Re: How to layer forest tiles in the editor

Post by WhiteWolf »

Oh, so easy :D Thanks.
I wonder, is there a help window in the editor, explaining stuff like this, that I missed?
Main UMC campaigns: The Ravagers - now for 1.16, with new bugs!
Old UMC works: The Underness Series, consisting of 5 parts: The Desolation of Karlag, The Blind Sentinel, The Stone of the North, The Invasion Of The Western Cavalry, Fingerbone of Destiny