Why do some addons appear in all savefiles? (1.12.6)

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
Zap-Zarap

Why do some addons appear in all savefiles? (1.12.6)

Post by Zap-Zarap »

Hello.
Just asking out of couriosity:
Some addons, that i have installed, write information into the savefiles of every multiplayer game, even, when they are not active/used in the current game.
It seems, that all addons, that have a pregame options menu, do so, in my case that are New Settlers, Ageless Scrolling, TSW Scrolling, XP-Mod and Switch Leader Mod.

Why is that? :hmm:

The attached savefile.txt (shortened, not usable) was generated with a default era, default Weldyn-Channel local mp game, no addons active.
Attachments
savefile.txt
Excerpt from a savefile of a game with no active mods
(8.95 KiB) Downloaded 204 times
Last edited by Zap-Zarap on August 20th, 2017, 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vultraz
Developer

Re: Why do some addons appear in all savefiles?

Post by vultraz »

Hmmmmm. I'll look into this. Seems like a bug. Thanks for reporting. :)

EDIT: ah, wait, you are on 1.12. I recall I fixed a bug similar to this in 1.13, and now inactive mods are not written to savefiles in 1.13.x.
Creator of Shadows of Deception (for 1.12) and co-creator of the Era of Chaos (for 1.12/1.13).
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
What happens when you get scared half to death...twice?
Zap-Zarap

Re: Why do some addons appear in all savefiles?

Post by Zap-Zarap »

Thanks for that superquick reply.

I have 1.13.8 installed also, but without any addons, so i couldn't check that there.

Sorry for not telling which version i was referring to. :oops:
I like beavers.
Zap-Zarap

Re: Why do some addons appear in all savefiles? (1.13.8)

Post by Zap-Zarap »

Meanwhile i checked this issue in 1.13.8.
You are right, the savefiles don't have that [options] written in anymore, if no addons/mods are active. Thanks for fixing.

But now another problem arises: the fact, that in 1.12.6 that information was saved, had a comfortable side-effect: whenever you activeted an addon with pregame options, the settings you had chosen in your last game with that addon were still present, so once set to your prefered setup, you didn't have to care anymore about in future games (unless you decided to reconfigure them).

Now in 1.13.8, ofc. that behaviour disappeared, you have to re-set manually in custom options every time.

Every single savefile of every saved game is surely not the adequate place for storing that kind of settings information, but how about introducing a new feature, saving all addon-pregame-settings in one seperate preferences file? That would be nice, add comfort and wouldn't spam all savefiles at the same time.
I like beavers.