Skipped moves after dc/rejoin/undroid

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
Zap-Zarap

Skipped moves after dc/rejoin/undroid

Post by Zap-Zarap »

Hello.
This is the first time i'm reporting a bug, or, if it isn't one, a strange comportment of the game.
This has never happened to me before, but now two times in a row, so at least i'd like to tell about it, maybe others have observed this, too.

After a player disconnecting (and maybe rejoining) the host loses all his moves when undroiding the orphanated side or giving the control to another player, while it is the hosting player's turn. The rest of his turn is somehow skipped.

I'm on Win7 and BfW 1.12.6
My opponent in the Weldyn game had V 1.12.5
Rest is unknown.

I've found the replays on the server and attached them, though the Isar's one seems to be somehow broken.
You can tell what's happening from the chat comments. Around turn 4 in the Weldyn game and turn 6-7 in the other one.

I located the stderr.txt file on my system, but it seems, that they are deleted and overwritten each time i start BfW, so the ones in question are lost. Sorry.
Attachments
4p__Isars_Cross_Turn_10_(150423).bz2
(33.94 KiB) Downloaded 182 times
2p__Weldyn_Channel_Turn_4_(152871).bz2
(6.98 KiB) Downloaded 190 times
I like beavers.
gfgtdf
Developer

Re: Skipped moves after dc/rejoin/undroid

Post by gfgtdf »

Yes there is a known bug where undroiding a side just ends that sides turn instead of undroiding it. It was fixed in wesnoth 1.13 it is unlikeley that it will be fixed in 1.12.x
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
Zap-Zarap

Re: Skipped moves after dc/rejoin/undroid

Post by Zap-Zarap »

Thank you for responding on this, gfgtdf.
As the problem occurs quite seldom, ofc there's no urgent need to fix something quick. If it can be eliminated for next versions of the game, that will be fine.
I like beavers.