Add-ons

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
batt

Add-ons

Post by batt »

OS 10.12.1

When I search Add-Ons, I get an extremely truncated list. Where are the rest?

Dennis
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Re: Add-ons

Post by Ravana »

Most addons target stable versions.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Yeah, ravana is right there are about 150 addons for 1.13 while there are over 2000 addons for 1.12.

Hopefully more popularity will be gained for 1.13 soon, but probably not until it has been stably released!

Hopefully this helps (here is the download link to 1.12)
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

I for one don't like some changes of version 13. Lot's of stuff doesn't work in 13 (such as random encounters, as you can't call units with a space inside the id because variables can no longer contain space). You can not save texts inside of variables any more, which is basic behavior in javascript since the 90ties.
That's inconsistent if you ask me.
The future belongs to those, who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
Developer of: Trapped, Five Fates, Strange Legacy, Epical, UR Epic Era
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

Heindal wrote:I for one don't like some changes of version 13. Lot's of stuff doesn't work in 13 (such as random encounters, as you can't call units with a space inside the id because variables can no longer contain space). You can not save texts inside of variables any more, which is basic behavior in javascript since the 90ties.
That's inconsistent if you ask me.
Why would random encounters not work due to spaces? I'm not really sure what you're referring to here, since randomly choosing an ID should still be perfectly possible.

What do you mean by "texts"? Variables can still hold words/sentences/other textual information.
Heindal wrote:javascript
Javascript also has things like a difference between comparing values with "==" or "===", and should never, ever be used as a reason for another language to do something a certain way.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

You are correct, I was wrong. It was another change that bothered me: variable ids with spaces can make troubles. That is at least a problem for my campaigns, where I used both "id" and "value" of a variable. Recalling a variable with a space using $ or manipulating it will no longer work. Well, but that is one reason for not uploading any other campaigns to version 13.
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

Heindal wrote:You are correct, I was wrong. It was another change that bothered me: variable ids with spaces can make troubles. That is at least a problem for my campaigns, where I used both "id" and "value" of a variable. Recalling a variable with a space using $ or manipulating it will no longer work. Well, but that is one reason for not uploading any other campaigns to version 13.
It is unfortunate that your add-ons rely on that functionality, but it also seems that WML variables with spaces in their name only worked by a fluke rather than because they were intended to allow that kind of functionality. I at least don't know of any other language which allows such a feature, and in WML's case, even if it worked for what you were using them for, I would not be at all surprised if there were edge cases where variable names which contained spaces did cause a problem.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

I've used it for inventory. As arrays are hardly explained in the wiki and I've always had problems using for each to create a couple of options and messages, I've used this concept by saying 'weaponname' = '1', so I had two values I could rely on. That worked for me.
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

Heindal wrote:Recalling a variable with a space using $ will no longer work.
I'm quite sure this never worked, even in 1.12 value="$weapon name" will search the variable name weapon not weapon name
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.