No Terrain Visible When Creating a Map Bug

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
Elivaras

No Terrain Visible When Creating a Map Bug

Post by Elivaras »

To start, I'd like to say that I was not exactly sure what to call this bug. At least, I -think- it's a bug, but who knows if it's intended? Here's how it works, and I know exactly how to re-create it. When I went to create a local game for myself to play, I noticed when selecting a map, the little screen in the top left (where it shows you what the map looks like) was completely blacked out. I was initially confused, until I remembered that I had selected a terrain option in a game I played last night that had terrain de-selected (so I could only see units). As soon as I went into a new game and changed the terrain option, went back out and tried creating a new one, and issue was fixed (IE I could see the terrain again). When I looked, it didn't seem like there was a way to fix this from the game creation screen itself, and I'm assuming it's a bug that comes with the terrain de-selection button in-game. This is a little hard to explain, and I'm unsure if you really got the jist of what I was saying- therefore, I have enclosed several screenshots below.

http://imgur.com/a/gCIpe

In the top left of the first image you can see I have the "Toggle Terrain Minimap Drawing" toggled off, meaning the terrain is un-seen and the little minimap screen is black except for units. In the second image, you can see what it looks like when I try to make a new game. I cannot see what any of the maps look like. In the third image, I toggle terrain minimap drawing on. And then you can see when I go back to the mini-map, I can see the terrain again.

I'm pretty sure this is an unintended side-affect of that option in-game, and I thought I'd report it if it was indeed an unintended side affect. If not, well, then that's fine too xD

As a side note, I'm running Wesnoth on Windows 10, and the Wesnoth version is 1.12.6.