1.12.6 Windows 10 Save Issue - Resolved

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
Thaago

1.12.6 Windows 10 Save Issue - Resolved

Post by Thaago »

Hello,

I recently installed version 1.12.6 from my laptop (Lenovo G500, Windows 10 upgraded from 8) and only then noticed that I had forgotten to uninstall 1.12.5 - I then deleted that folder (in retrospect a poor move). I have noticed several strange things happening since.
1) The game always starts in windowed mode, and I need to check it to fullscreen and set the correct resolution each time. Not a big problem, but puzzling.
2) When I click on 'Campaign', each of the campaigns is double listed (complete entry twice).
3) While I can save games, I cannot load them; the 'Load Game' option displays all the files in the main (C:\Program Files (x86)\Battle for Wesnoth 1.12.6) folder, rather than saves.

I have tried using the 'Uninstall.exe' and then reinstalling - everything appears to be successful. I am guessing something got strange between having multiple versions on the machine and then not using the proper uninstall for 1.12.5.

The actual game itself works wonderfully and is a joy as always. Any help resolving these (in particular the saves, so I can play campaign mode) is much appreciated!

[EDIT]
I have resolved the issue - the uninstall had not proceeded correctly as windows was convinced the files were still in use and denied access to them (without telling me). Restarting the system and then uninstalling/reinstalling again did the trick.

Sorry to bother, and thanks for the great game!