Google Drive

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
Teofrostus

Google Drive

Post by Teofrostus »

Hello,

Not sure if anyone has ever tried this, but I noticed that Wesnoth is only about 500MB unzipped, so I was interested in syncing my saves etc between my devices and possibly making it easy to share saves with friends by routing the entire Wesnoth installation to my Drive directory. The problem occurs after opening the game a few times and restarting my computer a few times. Sometimes I'm able to keep the sync up for a couple days, but it seems to inevitably fail eventually. For some reason, random files end up going missing or become modified (new lines go missing etc. Not sure if whitespace makes a difference in this language). The current error is:

Code: Select all

Error loading game configuration files. The game will now exit.

Details:

Macro/file 'TRAIT_FERAL_MUSTHAVE' is missing
    at core\\units\\bats\\Bat_Blood.cfg:9
        included from core\\units.cfg:13
        included from core\\_main.cfg:16
        included from _main.cfg:18

I dug a bit and checked, and indeed, traits.cfg, where TRAIT_FERAL_MUSTHAVE seems to be defined normally is missing from the macros folder, along with a number of other files. However, this doesn't seem to be the case when I head to drive.google.com, where all the files still seem to be in tact.. This may not really be the right place to ask this, as it's likely an issue with Drive's sync, but I was wondering if anyone else has tried this and run into the same problems? Any help would be great, but I can always work around it by just syncing the saves manually. Thanks!

Edit: I should mention that I'm running Windows 7 64bit, and attempting this with Wesnoth 1.12.6
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Re: Google Drive

Post by Ravana »

Try syncing only saves folder https://support.google.com/drive/answer/2375083?hl=en .

Otherwise, you can manually download missing files from your gdrive web interface.

Few years ago I tried it with dropbox, and once I fixed shortcuts to always pass resolution by arguments, it worked well enough. Before it just made preference file constantly conflicting.