Screenshot of entire map does not work.

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
Xenomorph

Screenshot of entire map does not work.

Post by Xenomorph »

Operating system: windows 8.1
Version of Wesnoth: 1.10.5 (but I also tried with the newest version and had the same problem

Hello,

I'm trying to take a map screenshot (of an entire game map) and the result is...bizarre.
- I went into preferences and chose several different hotkeys for map screenshot but none made any difference.
- the game says it took a screenshot and saved it to Wesnoth 1.10.5/userdata/screenshots/map screenshot_000.bmp
-Problem #1: there is no directory labeled "userdata" even tho it says it saved it there.
- so I figured it must be hidden so I went thru all the windows stuff to make directories and files unhidden. No luck.
- so then I did a search of my ENTIRE harddrive of the screenshot file but it did not exist (I did the same search in the wesnoth directory itself)
- I also tried creating a "userdata" directory figuring, at the very least, it'd say the directory name already exists. It let me create the directory but screenshots still did
not save there.

UGH! Very aggravated bc I know I did this before w and earlier version without trouble. I hate "upgrading" anything. It ALWAYS causes aggravation like this.

Thanks for any help!!
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Re: Screenshot of entire map does not work.

Post by Ravana »

Tested with 1.12.5 and that OS and it works for me.

When you take screenshot then it shows dialog with button to get to the new file.
Eagle_11

Re: Screenshot of entire map does not work.

Post by Eagle_11 »

Its an far fetched possibility but still: somehow your AV may be blocking it.