Walking Corpse Mounted Corrupted File

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
howwitty

Walking Corpse Mounted Corrupted File

Post by howwitty »

Hi, I'm using Wesnoth 1.12.5 on Windows 10 in English. I recently raised a corpse from a mounted unit (Cavalryman). I'm familiar with the mounted walking corpse unit, though I wanted to see if the artwork had changed. I tried to access the unit description but to no avail. Walking Corpse's description has several different kinds, and I just can't seem to access the mounted version due to the following error:

Code: Select all

Parse error when parsing help text: 'corrupted original file'
Some of the other variations of walking corpse units appear to have the same error, though none of the Soulless units were affected. This may be due to an add on which I accidentally downloaded with the initials MWC, which has some units from another era in common with undead.
I'm tired.
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Re: Walking Corpse Mounted Corrupted File

Post by zookeeper »

I don't see it on my 1.12.5, so it sounds pretty likely that it's due to that add-on (which I suppose is ModifiedWorldConquest).
howwitty

Post by howwitty »

Thanks, zookeeper. I downloaded it by mistake. I don't know how to uninstall an add on. It would be convenient if this could be done from the same screen as the add on repository on the server. I thought there was an uninstall button, but I don't see it there.
I'm tired.
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

After pressing "Add-ons" in the title screen, you should see a button named "Remove Add-ons". You should be able to remove it through that.