1.12.2 must exit before new WML loaded

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
JMichael

1.12.2 must exit before new WML loaded

Post by JMichael »

Wesnoth 1.12.2 Windows 8

I had to exit the program and re-run before I saw the effect of a change to the scenario cfg file.

I wanted to run all sides of a multi-player game with sides 1 and 3 allied to see how a side 3 unit standing next to a side 1 healer would be affected by poison. I made a copy of a 3p multi-player scenario. On my first try, sides 1 and 2 were not allied. With the cfg file open in Wordpad, I kept tinkering, saving, activating the already running Wesnoth, start another multi-player game. When sides 1 and 2 were not allied, I would quit the game, but leave Wesnoth at the main screen, using alt-Tab to get back to the editor. When I still didn't have allies after putting quotes around the two, identical, team names, I exited the Wesnoth program completely, re-ran it, and had sides 1 and 3 allied.

I thought it was odd that the scenario configuration file wasn't reloaded each time I selected it as the first step in starting a new game. Does Wesnoth really load every configuration file it can find before I get a chance to tell it what I want to do?
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Re: 1.12.2 must exit before new WML loaded

Post by zookeeper »

JMichael wrote: I thought it was odd that the scenario configuration file wasn't reloaded each time I selected it as the first step in starting a new game. Does Wesnoth really load every configuration file it can find before I get a chance to tell it what I want to do?
Yes. You don't have to restart the game entirely though, you can press F5 in the title screen to force a reload. I would have expected that going back to the title screen and entering multiplayer again would be enough, though.