Scenario bugs

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
Integral

Scenario bugs

Post by Integral »

I noticed that someone already reported the fact that the victory/defeat conditions for Crossroads are wrong, but I haven't seen any discussion of the gold situation. When I entered the scenario I should have had about 400 gold, but it was reset to 100 gold. A similar thing happened on Isle of the Damned, but that made sense (since I was separated from my men/supplies), and my gold appeared to be restored on the next level -- as far as I could tell I didn't get my gold back after Crossroads.

I also saw problems in the "A Choice must be Made" scenario:
  • The only defeat conditions listed are the deaths of Konrad and Delfador, but I also have Li'sar and Kalenz with me.
  • As far as I can tell, no deaths but Konrad's cause the scenario to end, and when I won (by defeating the southern enemy) the only unit I started with in the next scenario was Konrad.
Daniel[/list][/list]
Integral

More comments on the Choice scenario

Post by Integral »

• I didn't get any early finish bonus when I won. (if I don't have enough resources I guess I'll have to go back and do the usual "gold-milking" of the scenario..luckily I saved just before I won)
  • Even if none of the "heroes" die, only Konrad and Delfador are initially present in the next scenario.
Lithorien

Post by Lithorien »

About the losing gold. That happened to me early on as well, when I should have carried over ~150 gold but ended up with sixty. It was.. quite.. disheartening.
Know your Allies Well, Know your Enemies Better. -Sun Tzu, The Art of War.
Lysander

More bugs

Post by Lysander »

make_translation complains about a couple of things:
  • Code: Select all

message found with no id: This is no time to return to our vessel! We must take control of the island!

See line 89 in "Isle_of_Anduin.cfg". The message obviously does not have an ID.
  • Code: Select all

message found with no id: More snow is falling. We must finish this battle quickly. Onward men!

See line 163 in Northern_Winter.cfg. "msg=nw_8" should probably be "id=msgnw_8"
--Lysander--
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

When I entered the scenario I should have had about 400 gold, but it was reset to 100 gold.
This bug has been fixed in CVS, and will be corrected in the next version.

Thank you for the report!

David