1.12 Completed Campaign Mark Not Remembered

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
Woodruff

1.12 Completed Campaign Mark Not Remembered

Post by Woodruff »

I recently downloaded 1.12 and played through the "Heir To The Throne" campaign, completing it on the easiest level. It put the wreath around the campaign icon in the campaign menu as expected.

I was done playing for the night, and quit out of the game. When I came back to it today, the wreath was no longer surrounding the campaign icon in the campaign menu.

Since I'm pretty sure this would have been noticed during development, I thought I should post it here instead of as an official bug so perhaps someone could tell me what may have caused this and whether it has already been submitted as a bug or not.

My operating system is Windows 7 Professional w/ Service Pack 1

Any help?
fabi
Inactive Developer

Re: 1.12 Completed Campaign Mark Not Remembered

Post by fabi »

Woodruff wrote:... Since I'm pretty sure this would have been noticed during development, ...
No.
I am pretty sure this kind of bug is most likely not noticed during development.
beetlenaut
Developer

Post by beetlenaut »

fabi wrote:I am pretty sure this kind of bug is most likely not noticed during development.
Wreathes do work for me, but I'm using Linux, which could make a difference.

The wreaths are configured in the preferences file. Do other preferences like acceleration and sound settings stay the same between sessions? If not, you probably don't have write access to the directory where the preferences file is stored. You can see the location in Preferences → General → Paths.
Campaigns: Dead Water,
The Founding of Borstep,
Secrets of the Ancients,
and WML Guide
Woodruff

Post by Woodruff »

beetlenaut wrote:
fabi wrote:I am pretty sure this kind of bug is most likely not noticed during development.
Wreathes do work for me, but I'm using Linux, which could make a difference.

The wreaths are configured in the preferences file. Do other preferences like acceleration and sound settings stay the same between sessions? If not, you probably don't have write access to the directory where the preferences file is stored. You can see the location in Preferences → General → Paths.
Good thought...I hadn't considered that.

However, my other settings (sound I noticed in particular, since I turn all sound off) are still as they were. It doesn't appear to have affected them (all my settings are stored underneath my Wesnoth1.12 directory).
Woodruff

Post by Woodruff »

Update on this. I completed the non-mainline campaign called "Unite The Clans" and the wreath stayed around the campaign icon, even after rebooting my machine completely.

So I went back and completed Heir To The Throne again, and again it showed the campaign icon until I quit out of the game and came back in which case it was then gone again.

So perhaps it is a problem with either that campaign specifically or with all mainline campaigns?
fabi
Inactive Developer

Post by fabi »

So perhaps it is a problem with either that campaign specifically or with all mainline campaigns?
Start any campaign.
Switch to "debug" mode, by pressing ":" and entering "debug".
Then "cl" to the last level.

Finish the last scenario with the help of the debug commands.
"help" is your friend.