[BUG] Eastern Invasion, Fallen Lich

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
Kraweel

[BUG] Eastern Invasion, Fallen Lich

Post by Kraweel »

I can not attack the Lich's army and the Lich don't move or do anything just as if they are statues or whatever. Therefore i can not obtain his book and end this scenario. I am playing version 0.8.8 on a WinXP computer (in german language, but that wil not be the source of this bug?!?)
Kraweel...
Circon

Post by Circon »

The stone pillar. It's magic.
Lich and his retinue are intentionally stoned.

*moves to close bug*
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

You know, this is the second worst nonobvious thing in an offical campaign, the first being Captured's secret passage.

Yeah, you have to step on the pillar (you actually have to have Haldric step on it to do anything useful), but that's really easy to miss. Probably someone should mention it during the opening dialouge.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

And i cannot understand why everyone says bugs are in EI, not TROW. When a bug is in TROW, its different from EI! :roll:
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Circon

Post by Circon »

Because TROW is about *being* invaded, maybe?
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Circon wrote:Because TROW is about *being* invaded, maybe?
From the West, though! And then you go on and found a kingdom! :)
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Shade

Post by Shade »

turin wrote:And i cannot understand why everyone says bugs are in EI, not TROW. When a bug is in TROW, its different from EI! :roll:
He he, I just had that thought myself... But at least we know both of our campaigns are getting played :)

Is the step on the monolith thing really that non-obvious? I mean there is one monolith, right beside the Lich (more or less) and it gives a message even when Haldric doesn't step on it... I thought it was far more obvious than the 'break the mirror' thing from HttT. This is not a puzzle of epic proportions :)
Note to forum users: You are in a maze of twisty little passages