Wenoth on mobile internet

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
termit

Wenoth on mobile internet

Post by termit »

i noticed bug when i play wesnoth on mobile internet.
it seems that ISP (or wesnoth, but probably ISP) break connection with wesnoth server if no data flow (for about 60 - 90 sec) so when i am at mp game and nobody moves (or they chat) game show client disconnected message. But if i chat with my teammate DC dont happen (so it's ISP 99% fault).

Can you add some check box on preferences, and some mp runtime to check with server every 40 sec or less. that is minor flow of data and you could resolve some issues besides bad ISP problem.
first unregistred nick's will no longer hang out in lobby and mp games when unregistred host DC will transfer host side to those left in game.
AI
Developer

Re: Wenoth on mobile internet

Post by AI »

There's an advanced preference named "ping timeout". If you set that to something nonzero, the server will try to ping you every 30 seconds. (the default of 0 disables it)
termit

Post by termit »

yes i tried that... but nickname stays on server after DC for about 30 min
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

Yes, the server does not actually check which clients reply to ping. Setting the ping timeout only makes the client care about receiving them.
If you log in using your forum account though, you can kick your previous session off if you do get disconnected.
termit

Post by termit »

yeah but problem is
(1) when i am at frien place we set nick pclinuxos_and_termit who is not registred
(2) friend is register nick pclinuxos but registration mail newer come
is there problem on forums ?

(3) it would be nice if server keep track of players so when DC happens host is transfferd to side that stay in game
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

The forum has an issue with its mails being considered spam. Hotmail has even been reported to drop them entirely, not even putting them in the spam folder. If you PM shadowm or gambit, they can activate the account for you.

That feature would be nice to have, but it's not something that's easy to do.
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

AI wrote:If you PM shadowm or gambit, they can activate the account for you.
Pssh. Chopped liver I am.

The account has been activated for pclinuxos.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time