1.11.2 and beyond don't work

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
FelixMage

1.11.2 and beyond don't work

Post by FelixMage »

Hello, I have a problem with playing any version of Wesnoth beyond 1.11.0, after I install them and run them I get only into the main menu which looks not how it should and when I try to click on something it gives me an error.
Here are two screens of what is happening:
For 1.11.1 and 1.11.2 it seemingly worked when I installed 1.11.0 first then istalled the other versions in the same directory after it(like this 1.11.0 then 1.11.1 then 1.11.2, but from any version beyond this didn't work anymore.
Iris
Site Administrator

Re: 1.11.2 and beyond don't work

Post by Iris »

What platform (Windows, Linux, etc.) and installation method (installer from wesnoth.org, distribution build, custom build, etc.) are you using?
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Don't know if this will be useful or not, but the error message can be translated to English as:
Error: The file you tried to load is corrupt: 'GUI1 Button Error'.
FelixMage

Post by FelixMage »

shadowm wrote:What platform (Windows, Linux, etc.) and installation method (installer from wesnoth.org, distribution build, custom build, etc.) are you using?
Windows XP, installer from wesnoth.org.
JaMiT
Inactive Developer

Post by JaMiT »

The Windows version still has trouble with accented letters in file paths. Where do you have the game installed? Is the user data in the installation directory? (If not, where is it?)
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

By the way, I have installed wesnoth 1.10 (and when you specified that it 'still has trouble', I believe that the problem was also occurring on older versions that 1.11) on Windows 7 into My Documents, and the path to Wesnoth is C:/Documents and Settings/(my real name)/Documents/Wesnoth. My real name contains three accented letters. It works without any problems anyway.
FelixMage

Post by FelixMage »

Solved it, the problem probably was with the accented letters, because since I installed it in Program Files it works normally.
Thanks for the help.