can not find the computer player in the wesnoth 1.10.2

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
batmanwwx

can not find the computer player in the wesnoth 1.10.2

Post by batmanwwx »

hi:

i used the "sudo apt-get install wesnoth" in my ubuntu 12.04 and finish to install the game. the wesnoth version is 1.10.2.
i then began to play the game, but when i used the "local game" and choose a map to play, i found that i can not choose the computer player to play with me. the "player/type" had only the "local player", no other more types.
i play wesnoth on windows too, and my wesnoth on windows can choose the computer player.

why the wesnoth on ubuntu can not choose the computer player?

could someone help me to resolve this problem?

thanks!!
batmanwwx

Re: can not find the computer player in the wesnoth 1.10.2

Post by batmanwwx »

i then installed the wesnoth from the Ubuntu software center and this wesnoth also can not find the computer player or any other AI in the local game.
did anyone have the same problem?

please help me!
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I can use computer player for any player, and I am playing it usually on Ubuntu and I have 1.10 installed with "sudo apt-get install wesnoth. It is not related to the origin of your installation of wesnoth, but I don't know what is the cause of your problem. Maps can have some settings that affect the choices available, but a possibility disallow AI to control a side isn't there as far as I know.
batmanwwx

Post by batmanwwx »

i used the "sudo apt-get build-dep wesnoth" to get the build-dep for the wesnoth. i then cmake the wesnoth 1.10.6 and make it. i got the wesnoth and run it. i can not find the computer player too.

why??????????