1.11.4 - Cannot save

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
Ivir_Baggins

1.11.4 - Cannot save

Post by Ivir_Baggins »

I downloaded the newest version of Wesnoth, but it is unable to save. This is the stderr:
Spoiler:
The OS is Windows XP 32-bit.

Does anyone know how to fix this?
Max

Re: 1.11.4 - Cannot save

Post by Max »

reinstall the game and stick to the default options in the installer (it looks like you've chosen that the userdata directory should be stored in the install/executable directory) and make sure you launch the game from the shortcut in the start menu...
Ivir_Baggins

Post by Ivir_Baggins »

Max wrote:reinstall the game and stick to the default options in the installer (it looks like you've chosen that the userdata directory should be stored in the install/executable directory) and make sure you launch the game from the shortcut in the start menu...
Reinstalled and started the game from the post-install prompt.

Got this:
Spoiler:
I can't decipher the problem here. Can anyone help?
JaMiT
Inactive Developer

Post by JaMiT »

Ivir_Baggins wrote:I downloaded the newest version of Wesnoth,
Just to make sure: your intent is to test the development version of Wesnoth? That would be useful for the game developers, but if you are looking for stable gameplay, you should instead get the latest stable version, which would be 1.10.6.
...and wrote:but it is unable to save. This is the stderr:
The stderr output mentions being unable to make automatic saves. Have you tried to manually save the game? Are you playing a mainline or user-made campaign? Mainline would be a better test case -- perhaps the tutorial?

PS The install option should not matter under XP.
Ivir_Baggins

Post by Ivir_Baggins »

Downloaded version 1.10.6, and I was able to save in the tutorial.

Admittedly, my testing for 11.4 involved my setting up a single-player match on Cynsaun Battlefield. Maybe it's multiplayer saves that are the problem.
But the stderr did include a manual save in there - the line below the autosave.
JaMiT
Inactive Developer

Post by JaMiT »

Are you still having trouble saving multiplayer (or any other) games with 1.10.6?