terrain pictures and general graphics problems

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
Matthi205

terrain pictures and general graphics problems

Post by Matthi205 »

I have some BIG problems with the 1.10 branch at the moment:
Terrain doesn't show up, decals for it do.
When the map is being moved, everything is dragged out and that happens to everything.
When the mouse is being moved across the screen, the golden hexes stay on the terrain.

Graphics driver: AMD RAGE performance
all the rest: see signature
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Re: terrain pictures and general graphics problems

Post by zookeeper »

Seems to be a common problem.

So, based on a quick glance at those threads, if you have an earlier 1.10 version then you might want to try 1.10.5, or you could try grabbing the sdl-related .dll's from 1.11.
Matthi205

Post by Matthi205 »

zookeeper wrote:Seems to be a common problem.

So, based on a quick glance at those threads, if you have an earlier 1.10 version then you might want to try 1.10.5, or you could try grabbing the sdl-related .dll's from 1.11.
I had 1.10.3 before, and I guessed that bug would be fixed in 1.10.5, so I downloaded the new version. Turns out nothing changed, though. I'll try grabbing the sdl files from 1.11 then.
Matthi205

Post by Matthi205 »

No change, even with the SDL files from 1.11. I've never had problems like this before, with any game. Though, come to think of it Gran Turismo 4 does that same thing (albeit in the menus) when I run it in PCSX2.

Though, judging by what's showing up some of the code for displaying terrain is bugging out badly.

For the time being, I'll try to get my SUA (Unix Subsystem) working again so I can play the linux version (I found an installer package for dpkg/apt a loooooong time ago, otherwise nothing worked).