Problem with addons

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
Smokofenek

Problem with addons

Post by Smokofenek »

My OS: Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1
Wenoth Version: 1.10.5 Polish

How to reproduce problem: I have fresh install of Wesnoth and I installed 2 addons: SX Collection and RPG Amla Era (with Ageless Era). When I open Wesnoth and want to create local game, one time I can create Ageless era, and another time I couldn't. But the worse problem is that when I want to create SX Collection Era I can't - it's NEVER displayed in my Eras list.

I don't know why? Why one of the era (Ageless) is displayed sometimes and sometimes not, and why another era (SX Collection) is never displayed?

I have 2GB Ram, I read that for Wesnoth it should be dedicated not less than that but I can't set 2GB for Wesnoth only cause it's my whole ram I have. The Wesnoth i freshly installed (2 or 3 days ago) and I don't know why I can't play with eras.

And another info: I can't play SX Collection when someone else create the game but can't create it myself. I don't know why.

If I can add more info, just tell me what I should add.

Thanks in advance and sorry for my english cause I'm not native speaker of this language :)
Regards,
Smokofenek.
Seldam

Re: Problem with addons

Post by Seldam »

Smokofenek wrote: When I open Wesnoth and want to create local game, one time I can create Ageless era, and another time I couldn't. But the worse problem is that when I want to create SX Collection Era I can't - it's NEVER displayed in my Eras list.
I don't know why? Why one of the era (Ageless) is displayed sometimes and sometimes not, and why another era (SX Collection) is never displayed?
Reinstall the addons and look if it still does not work. No other idea at the moment.
Smokofenek wrote: I have 2GB Ram, I read that for Wesnoth it should be dedicated not less than that but I can't set 2GB for Wesnoth only cause it's my whole ram I have. The Wesnoth i freshly installed (2 or 3 days ago) and I don't know why I can't play with eras.
I think the RAM is not the problem, but you can try ReadyBoost.
It's a feature of Windows that allows you to use your USB-Stick as RAM.
Use a USB-Stick and select ReadyBoost and the amount you want to use as RAM. After that try again.
Here more: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... age-device
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

I don't know the answer to your problem, but just for the record, the amount of RAM you have doesn't cause it.
Smokofenek

Post by Smokofenek »

I used to use ready boost in the past but right now I have no empty space in any USB.

I don't know if it could be the reason of the problem but I had installed 1.8.6 many months ago and uninstalled it just about half a month ago. But things like addons was in VirtualStore and wasn't deleted.
I installed Wesnoth 1.8.6 yesterday and realized that (when I checked my addon list I saw that I have my old addons). But this was in other version and this addon also wasn't appear in the list in 1.10.5.

But the strange thing is... when I installed 1.8.6 yesterday and open 1.10.5 o I have addon's from older version in the newer. I don't know why Wesnoth 1.10.5 wanted to use addons from 1.8.6...

And another thing... AMLA addon appeared on my list but when I reopen Wesnoth, it disapeard and SX appears. And next time, any addon wasn't appear. I had only default eras.

But actually I deleted every Wesnoth and every folders in AppData etc. so I'm gonna try this once again and we'll se what'll happen.

it's strange cause I have never had problem with 1.8.6 before. But I'll check it.

Thanks for responding and helping. I'll say sth more later :)

Regards.
Smokofenek

Post by Smokofenek »

When I installed Wesnoth once again it wasn't work properly... it's still the same... I don't know what to do to play Wesnoth...

I deleted every data and it didn't helped... I don't know what to do :/
Max

Post by Max »

this sounds like a combination of a bad add-on and a caching issue.

first make sure you know the exact location of your userdata directory:
http://wiki.wesnoth.org/EditingWesnoth#Windows_2

what happens if you delete the cache folder before you start wesnoth? i would expect that at least you get the same add-ons listed at every start.
Smokofenek

Post by Smokofenek »

I used to store my data in installed location as always and I deleted (after uninstalling) this folders:

C:\Users\Lisek\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Battle for Wesnoth 1.8.6
C:\Program Files\Battle for Wesnoth 1.8.6\

I knewed that Windows 7 uses virtual storage so I deleted also this folder in there.
I am not sure If I have or not my data in My Documents. I COULD but I'm not quite sure.

I check this right now, what If I delete it. Wait a second.
Before I check what happened I can say right few seconds ago I has my stored data in My Documents (I choose it today) and (what is curious) in Program Files (but not in Virtual Store).

I'm opening Wesnoth with deleted files in this locations...
I will download only SX Collection and Ageless Era right now. This second is require to play SX Collection.
I generally wonder if this problem was because Wesnoth wasn't know where he could get his data for... Cause he could get from Program Files or My Documents. Could it be the reason?
Right now he stores data ONLY in My Documents.

Yeah! My nickname isn't entered. Cause... I forgot to tell that my old nick was entered after installation before. And right now this is not.
I try to enter to local server to create a game.
Uhm. Right now I have installed addons but they don't appear on eras list... I don't know why.

I don't know... But I have a question. Should it be fixed after formating hard disk? Cause I have it in plan. It's not linked with Wesnoth, I just want to clean my PC and I'll do it one way or another. Because If it should work I won't be playing Wesnoth for a moment before I format that disk and check what'll happen after it :)

So... Regards and thanks for helping.
Max

Post by Max »

if there are any files in virtual store after running wesnoth reinstall the game, don't choose "put userdata in install location" and always start wesnoth from the link in the start menu (it uses the -config-dir parameter that tells wesnoth where to create the userdata).

is there any reason why you're using version 1.8 instead of 1.10?
Smokofenek

Post by Smokofenek »

I used 1.8 insted of 1.10 cause I thouth it's problem with version 1.10 but problem is with both versions...
I'll try to do this.

EDIT: It still doesn't works... I don't know even why. I deleted every stored data and open Wesnoth from Start menu and I still don't have this eras on list.
Max

Post by Max »

so after a fresh start with userdata empty, when you download an era it's not displayed? is it still an issue with the two add-ons mentioned in your first post? or any other add-on as well?
Gratos

Post by Gratos »

I've got the same problem, additionnals campains are working, but extra-eras doesn't appear on server games :(
I'm on Windows 8. I tryed to re-install wesnoth, but it change nothing.