[Bug] Eastern Invasion, Attack at Weldyn

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
heisters

[Bug] Eastern Invasion, Attack at Weldyn

Post by heisters »

I found a couple bugs in the Eastern Invasion, in the the Attack at Weldyn scenario.

If you kill all three enemy leaders the mission ends and the game is over with no explanation or synopsis. Does the campaign end here? Should there be some sort of epilogue or "congrats, you won"? Maybe this isn't a bug.

If you only kill two leaders (I'm guessing it's dependent on this because of the error message, I could easily be wrong) (I killed all but Purple, in the north), and then wait for the night to end, Dacyn says something like "oh, look the sun is rising," and in reponse the error message says

Code: Select all

"game_error: invalid side found in unit definition"
See the attached savegame and just hit end turn, then wait for the nasties to finish their cavorting around.]

Oh, almost forgot. I'm running Wesnoth 0.8.5 from the Debian Sarge repository. I did not compile it myself.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

I know what the bug is. Thanks for the report. (fixing this has been on my todo list but i keep forgetting. :( )
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
whatever

this happened to me...

Post by whatever »

same case... the diference is that i'm using version 0.8.7
This sucks... hours and hours playing that campain =]
turin
Lord of the East

Re: this happened to me...

Post by turin »

whatever wrote:same case... the diference is that i'm using version 0.8.7
This sucks... hours and hours playing that campain =]
what exactly is the bug?
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
The World of Orbivm
Piter

Re: [Bug] Eastern Invasion, Attack at Weldyn

Post by Piter »

heisters wrote:If you kill all three enemy leaders the mission ends and the game is over with no explanation or synopsis. Does the campaign end here? Should there be some sort of epilogue or "congrats, you won"? Maybe this isn't a bug.

If you only kill two leaders (I'm guessing it's dependent on this because of the error message, I could easily be wrong) (I killed all but Purple, in the north), and then wait for the night to end, Dacyn says something like "oh, look the sun is rising," and in reponse the error message says

Code: Select all

"game_error: invalid side found in unit definition"
I have the same results playing 0.8.8
piter
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

This is in the scenario entitled "Weldyn under Attack", correct? If so, i have no f***ing idea why it would do this, and would like to request a save game so i can see exactly what is going on. If its in a different scenario, i kind of need to know which one.
The World of Orbivm

Post by Guest »

can you possibily win the scenario northern outpost? I killed the undead, and cleansed the villages of bandits, and sent the leader to the signpost.... Then at the end of all the turns, it goes "the undead are here. we are all dead!" or something.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Anonymous wrote:can you possibily win the scenario northern outpost? I killed the undead, and cleansed the villages of bandits, and sent the leader to the signpost.... Then at the end of all the turns, it goes "the undead are here. we are all dead!" or something.
What version are you using?

Can you attach a savegame?
The World of Orbivm

Post by Guest »

version 0.8?

I dont know how to attach the saved game. Also on after turn 5 or something, it says it can't save, so I only got the scenario save
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Anonymous wrote:version 0.8?

I dont know how to attach the saved game. Also on after turn 5 or something, it says it can't save, so I only got the scenario save
If you're using v. 0.8, then there's nothing i can do for you. The scenario is much changed since then. We're on 0.8.8 now...
The World of Orbivm