Invalid WML Files

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
Woodruff

Invalid WML Files

Post by Woodruff »

When I bring up any campaign (including the initial ones which are NOT add-ons), I am receiving the following (example) error:

"C:/Program Files/Battle for Wesnoth 1.10.3/userdata/data/add-ons/Dungeonmaster_Era is deprecated, use C:/Program Files/Battle for Wesnoth 1.10.3/userdata/data/add-ons/Dungeonmaster_Era instead"

This happens for exactly the same six files, as follows:
Dungeonmaster_Era
Heroic_Last_Stand/_main
Modern_Combat/_main
Modern_Combat_Updated
Rock_Paper_Scissors
The Fall of Wesnoth

Again, it doesn't seem to matter if the campaign I am trying to open is an original file or an add-on...this still happens. How do I correct this?
Max

Re: Invalid WML Files

Post by Max »

it's just a hint that add-ons should put their main configuration file in the add-on folder (as _main.cfg), not outside the add-ons directory (as addon-name.cfg). in a future version (probably 1.12) those add-ons might not be loaded anymore.
Anonymissimus
Inactive Developer

Post by Anonymissimus »

If you don't have a .../userdata/data/add-ons/Addon.cfg, this message must not appear.
In case you are still using a late 1.9.x version, update to 1.10 since the message was still bugged back then (and harder to understand, either this, or you made a mistake at copy-paste).
projects (BfW 1.12):
A Simple Campaign: campaign draft for wml startersPlan Your Advancements: mp mod
The Earth's Gut: sp campaignSettlers of Wesnoth: mp scenarioWesnoth Lua Pack: lua tags and utils
updated to 1.8 and handed over: A Gryphon's Tale: sp campaign
Woodruff

Post by Woodruff »

I am using the most recent "stable" version...I believe it is 10.3.

However, Max you have nailed it precisely because I was able to move all but two of them
into their "home" directories and they no longer showed up as errors. However, two of
those files say that "the file already exists there" and yet, the file dates are precisely the
same but the file SIZES are not the same (nor even close, really). So what I need someone
to do is look into their userdata/data/add-on directory, go to the following subdirectories,
and tell me the correct size for these two files:

userdata/data/add-on/Dungeonmaster_Era/Dungeonmaster_Era.cfg
userdata/data/add-on/Modern_Combat/Modern_Combat.cfg

Thanks in advance to anyone who could do this for me. I wouldn't mind the error
messages so much if they would JUST GO AWAY...but they stay on the screen and
it's highly annoying.
The_Other

Post by The_Other »

I also have this problem. You can get rid of the messages by typing : (yes, a lone colon) to open a text-input console at the bottom of the screen, followed by the word CLEAR (capitals not required) and pressing enter/return/whatever you like to call it.

This console also allows you to access debug mode and various other functions from within the game (rather than using command-line instructions beforehand)
Nothing is true; everything is permissible.
Woodruff

Post by Woodruff »

Thanks, The_Other...I appreciate that and will use it for the moment.

However, please...can anyone tell me the relevant file-sizes for those two files so that I can get rid of these error messages entirely? It should be a very simple thing to do.
JaMiT
Inactive Developer

Post by JaMiT »

Why don't you just move those directories somewhere (delete them later if everything works out), then download the add-ons again. Almost as simple as looking up file sizes, and you don't have to wait for someone who has those add-ons to notice this topic.