New spearman animations are too slow !

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
Gnork

New spearman animations are too slow !

Post by Gnork »

Animations of spearman attacking toward south, south-west or south-east are considerably slower (1.0s) than other animations (~0.5s), is it normal? :augh:

Wesnoth 1.9.12 & 1.9.13
Windows 7 SP1 64 bits
CPU 2.30 GHz
RAM 4 Go
Anonymissimus
Inactive Developer

Re: New spearman animations are too slow !

Post by Anonymissimus »

Fixed, thanks.
projects (BfW 1.12):
A Simple Campaign: campaign draft for wml startersPlan Your Advancements: mp mod
The Earth's Gut: sp campaignSettlers of Wesnoth: mp scenarioWesnoth Lua Pack: lua tags and utils
updated to 1.8 and handed over: A Gryphon's Tale: sp campaign
Kolbur

Post by Kolbur »

The attacks of clashers (only spear it seems), skirmishers and guards and maybe some other units with new attack animations (haven't checked all right now) are also slower than in 1.8.
The Black Sword

Post by The Black Sword »

In 1.8 I played without accelerated speed. On 1.9, I play on 1.25 times because I find a lot of the new animations slow. This is fine for me, so I don't really need a fix, but thought I'd mention it.
Anonymissimus
Inactive Developer

Post by Anonymissimus »

Kolbur wrote:The attacks of clashers (only spear it seems), skirmishers and guards and maybe some other units with new attack animations (haven't checked all right now) are also slower than in 1.8.
I now think that it's intentional and should probably not have modified the spearman. With the spearman it was so that some of the (old) animations within the same unit were slower than its other (new) animations. This is not the case with these units. Unfortunately people love to disappear with their work half-done.
see also: http://gna.org/bugs/index.php?18950 (with that one it is an internal setting, not length of animation frames)
So I suggest to use the accelerated speed setting. And of course it's not possible to lengthen all animations within one dev cycle, so we will have to live with units "acting slower/faster".
projects (BfW 1.12):
A Simple Campaign: campaign draft for wml startersPlan Your Advancements: mp mod
The Earth's Gut: sp campaignSettlers of Wesnoth: mp scenarioWesnoth Lua Pack: lua tags and utils
updated to 1.8 and handed over: A Gryphon's Tale: sp campaign