Hammer of Thursagan scenario .cfgs

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
Groggy_Dice
Inactive Developer

Hammer of Thursagan scenario .cfgs

Post by Groggy_Dice »

I noticed a few things playing this campaign in 1.8.4, and didn't see anything in the changelogs indicating that these scenarios had been updated.

I was surprised, when I lost High Pass the first time around, that I simply got the standard "You are defeated!" message. I'd been re-reading ESR's campaign design how-to, and remembered that he specifically mentioned a character lament that they were snowed in till spring, as an example of 1337 writing. I looked, and the line that was supposed to trigger it read "event=time over" instead of "name." (As others have mentioned in feedback, objectives aren't updated to note that Ratheln's death was a victory condition.)

I also looked at Invaders, and saw something strange about the enemy gold. One orc leader goes from 220 to 260 to 300 gold. But the other two go from 180 to 220 to 360 gold. Obviously, players have been able to beat this scenario as is (as did I, with painful losses), but is it possible that it wasn't actually intended to be quite as tough? Is there some reason ESR wanted the other two leaders to go from having less gold than the other, to more on hard?

Also, in Court of Karrag, the objectives don't mention that Dulcatulos is a can't-lose character, although his crown alerts players to this.
Ports:
Prudence (Josh Roby) | By the Sword (monochromatic) | The Eight of Cembulad (Lintana~ & WYRMY)
Resources:
UMC Timeline (Dec) | List of Unported UMC (Dec) | wmllint++ (Feb)
Max

Re: Hammer of Thursagan scenario .cfgs

Post by Max »

Groggy_Dice wrote:I looked, and the line that was supposed to trigger it read "event=time over" instead of "name."
looks very much like a bug. it hasn't changed in recent versions / trunk. would be nice if you could report it: http://wiki.wesnoth.org/ReportingBugs
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

Fixed the time over event in trunk in [rev]49066[/rev].
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

Backported to 1.8 in [rev]49100[/rev].