Unknown and weird problem to publish add ons

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
IPS

Unknown and weird problem to publish add ons

Post by IPS »

I tried to update an add on, also I can't for an unknown reasson. I'm using windows xp and wesnoth 1.8.5. Each time what I try to publish the add on with that pbl file this happen:

I told to Darkmage (my friend) I have a problem to publish the add on, I showed him the pbl file and he does not see anything weird in the pbl, he did request me to I send him pbl file (in the next image, also with the password modificated)

I did send him the pbl file, he did try to publish with the pbl alone and he did publish my add on for few seconds and this with the same pbl file what with his help I have make ... I no see reasson why in his computer he could upload the add on and I cannot o.o

it's suspencius.
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
Darkmage
Translator

Re: Unknown and weird problem to publish add ons

Post by Darkmage »

I believe you should post the pbl file instead of just an image, that helps a lot (or so I think).

In other order of things, we, both, have been trying to upload the add-on to the server, and while he can't, I do; I'll explain myself:

He sent me the file, and I created a dummy add-on I was able to upload (I believe that's in the logs); and he, with the same pbl, got the error.

Differences are:
His OS is a Windows XP while mine is an Ubuntu (10.04)
The content to upload was different but for the _server.pbl (Though my guess is that the issue is in the pbl, since the error says so...)

So, the error tells us that he specified wrongly the title of the add-on, but I don't have such issue. Any clues?

Edit: Ok... I believe the problem is solved right now (I got the idea just after posting). [It is definitely solved, please, close.]
IPS

Re: Unknown and weird problem to publish add ons

Post by IPS »

solved. In an external file of the folder it was the original macros ._.

please lock it or erase this thread.
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide