Bugs in HttT The Lost General

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
shadowblack

Bugs in HttT The Lost General

Post by shadowblack »

I was going to post this on gna, but I wasn’t sure how to organize it all or if there are just the three issues (or if there are some that I did not notice).

I encountered the following bugs in “The Lost General” scenario:
1) In the actual game the event when I sight side 4 triggered and one of my dwarves said "I did not know that the undead were in these pits!". In the replay this event did NOT trigger and that line is never said for some reason
2) In the actual game the conversation upon first sighting Lionel did NOT trigger, so he never got those loyal Revenants. This led to two things:
- The fight was much easier, as I had fewer units to deal with
- There are errors at the end of the replay because – due to the presence of the loyal Revenants – my enchantress is unable to reach the location from which she attacked and killed Lionel
I replayed turns 6, 7 and 8, moving my units differently (I used Kalenz to open the passage to the undead on turn 6 instead of later), and was able to trigger both events
3) In the actual game the dwarf I find after capturing the village at 17:24 has the traits Loyal and Intelligent. In the replay he has the traits Loyal and Resilient, resulting in him having 5 more HP, and thus an error in the replay when he gets killed by the Revenant (if he had Resilient he would have survived). This might be related to bug #17330, however here the problem is with the NAMED_LOYAL_UNIT macro.

About the attached files:
- My replay of this scenario
- My save from the last turn, right before my Enchantress killed Lionel and became a Sylph, and another one from turn 8 – looking at either one it should be obvious that the loyal Revenants from the replay are NOT there in the actual game because the event when Lionel is sighted never triggered
- A save from turn 9. Simply move my Thunderer from 15:21 to 17:24 and a loyal dwarf belonging to player 2 will appear – yes, the one that in the replay has the wrong traits, as explained above.
- A save from turn 6: Move Kalenz to 26:24 – the passage to the undead opens. Then move the Thunderer from 28:20 to 28:24 – the dwarf says "I did not know that the undead were in these pits!", so the event triggers correctly, yet this line is nowhere to be seen in the replay (true, I moved my units differently in the actual game, but I still got that line)
Attachments
HttT-The_Lost_General_replay.gz
(53.8 KiB) Downloaded 200 times
1_HttT-The_Lost_General_Turn_18.gz
(90.14 KiB) Downloaded 202 times
1_HttT-The_Lost_General_Turn_9.gz
(87.03 KiB) Downloaded 194 times
1_HttT-The_Lost_General_Turn_8.gz
(87.66 KiB) Downloaded 187 times
1_HttT-The_Lost_General_Turn_6.gz
(85.11 KiB) Downloaded 195 times
You are a Dark Adept: You immerse yourself in the dark arts... potentially with great rewards...
shadowblack

Re: Bugs in HttT The Lost General

Post by shadowblack »

After some more testing I submitted 2 bug reports: 17814 for the wrong unit trait and 17815 for the two events not triggering if you attack an enemy unit.
You are a Dark Adept: You immerse yourself in the dark arts... potentially with great rewards...