Lost my .pbl files

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
Luther

Lost my .pbl files

Post by Luther »

I've done one of the dumbest things possible. I recently reinstalled my OS, and I seem to have deleted the .pbl files for my 3 add-ons. I keep the actual add-ons in Mercurial repositories and I managed to remember the passphrase for one of them. The ones that I've lost access to are Luther_Lua_Pack and Royal_Death. So I have a request for whoever is in charge of the add-on server: Please, either send me new passphrases or delete the add-ons so I can re-upload them. I've already rewritten the .pbl files, so I can upload them as soon as I know they're deleted.

This might be difficult to do for security reasons, so please let me know whether or not you can help. I don't know who exactly to get in touch with, so here I am asking in public. :oops:
ivanovic
Lord of Translations

Re: Lost my .pbl files

Post by ivanovic »

Luther wrote:I've done one of the dumbest things possible. I recently reinstalled my OS, and I seem to have deleted the .pbl files for my 3 add-ons. I keep the actual add-ons in Mercurial repositories and I managed to remember the passphrase for one of them. The ones that I've lost access to are Luther_Lua_Pack and Royal_Death. So I have a request for whoever is in charge of the add-on server: Please, either send me new passphrases or delete the add-ons so I can re-upload them. I've already rewritten the .pbl files, so I can upload them as soon as I know they're deleted.

This might be difficult to do for security reasons, so please let me know whether or not you can help. I don't know who exactly to get in touch with, so here I am asking in public. :oops:
For which versions are those addons? Yes, I can do both, read the plaintext passwords as well as just delete the addons. Personally I prefer the removal way simply because I don't tell someone else a password that a user might (because being stupid or whatever) use at various places. So once you tell me the versions you used for uploading in the first play I can simply remove the two "offenders".
pauxlo

Post by pauxlo »

ivanovic wrote:Yes, I can [...] read the plaintext passwords [...]
Just an idea, maybe it would be better not to store plaintext passwords on the server. Storing a hash of addon-name + password or similar seems to be a better way, just because stupid users reuse their passwords everywhere. The "delete addon" or "reset password" function for the administrator still remains.
Luther

Post by Luther »

ivanovic wrote: For which versions are those addons?
They're both on the 1.8 server. The temporary deletion method is fine with me.
ivanovic
Lord of Translations

Post by ivanovic »

Luther wrote:
ivanovic wrote: For which versions are those addons?
They're both on the 1.8 server. The temporary deletion method is fine with me.
Removed those two.
Luther

Post by Luther »

Thank you so much. I have updated and uploaded both of them. :mrgreen: