Small bug(?) in MP lobby

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
RSF7

Small bug(?) in MP lobby

Post by RSF7 »

Wesnoth v1.8.4 on Windows 2000 Prof SP4
800Mhz P3 with 256MB of RAM
Intel 810 Gfx Controller

Sorry I can't really give anymore information on this bug, it might just be the lousy box I'm using at the moment, but there is not really much to say about it. Whenever I enter the MP lobby and apply the filter in any way, I get about a two second wait period complete with hourglass on the mouse followed by a two second period where I can perform actions, this happens over and over again and does not stop. With all functions of the filter off, I get no wait time what so ever. It's not that big of a deal and its easy to work around, I figured I would report it though in case no one else has. I Read the post on lobby lag, but this appears to be different then what it was talking about.

On a side note, wesnoth runs pretty good on this garbage cpu.

edit: also im using the old lobby and executable installer version of wesnoth
norbert

Re: Small bug(?) in MP lobby

Post by norbert »

RSF7 wrote:[...] MP lobby and apply the filter in any way, I get about a two second wait period complete with hourglass on the mouse followed by a two second period where I can perform actions, this happens over and over again and does not stop.
I have the same thing on the computer I use to play Wesnoth (≈1 instead of 2 seconds).
As you write it only happens when the filter is on.

The following happened to me several times; an anecdote. I select a match to see who's in it. As a result, the keyboard focus automatically goes to the "Filter" field. I start typing a text message in the wrong field, stop, start pressing backspace. Then I use Shift-Home to remove the text faster, but that doesn't alway work. I press on the lower text field, because I still want to send a text message. Then it turns out I clicked while the cursor was an hourglass, so the focus hasn't changed, and I start typing in the wrong field again.