Mac scrolling problem

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
lywellyn

Mac scrolling problem

Post by lywellyn »

The auto-scroll when placing the cursor on the side of the screen does not work reliably scrolling up or down. Scrolling left/right works fine, but most of the time up/down quits scrolling after about one hex line. The arrow button scroll works fine as well.
Dave
Founding Developer

Re: Mac scrolling problem

Post by Dave »

lywellyn wrote:The auto-scroll when placing the cursor on the side of the screen does not work reliably scrolling up or down. Scrolling left/right works fine, but most of the time up/down quits scrolling after about one hex line. The arrow button scroll works fine as well.
Is this running in Windowed, or Full Screen mode?
lywellyn

Post by lywellyn »

It's running in full screen mode. And I did some more testing, and it's actually just the down scrolling. Up scrolling works fine.
Cognito

Different scrolling issues

Post by Cognito »

I've also had some scrolling issues using the mouse, though they are slightly different. In both full screen and windowed mode, left and up scrolling work fine. However, I can't get down scrolling to work at all, and right scrolling only works if i go past the edge of the window in windowed mode and to the extreme right edge of the screen in full screen mode. This is particularly bothersome when I'm moving to the dock to change applications (I keep my dock on the right of the screen) and BfW scrolls along with me, even after I change applications. The arrow keys work normally for me though, so the mouse issues are only minor annoyances.

TI Powerbook G4 [Rev. B] 500 MHZ
512 MB RAM
Mac OS X 10.2.8
BfW 0.5.2cvs
Sithrandel

Post by Sithrandel »

What is your monitor resolution?

If I have the monitor set to 1024x768 and play in windowed then the scrolling down does not work. This is because the window itself is smaller than 1024x768 (the minimum size) so is cut off. If I start the game when the monitor is set to 1280 x 1024 then the scrolling works as expected.
lywellyn

Post by lywellyn »

I use a TI Powerbook 400 Mhz
384 MB RAM
Mac OS X 10.3.1
Full-screen
1152 x 768

I can't change the resolution to get it any bigger.