Can't Click anything Lucid Lynx Ubuntu 10.4

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
gibbylinks

Can't Click anything Lucid Lynx Ubuntu 10.4

Post by gibbylinks »

Hi all,

I've installed this in Ubuntu Lucid Lynx 10.04 Beta 1 and I can't click on any of the menus. Nothing works !!

Any ideas ?

Thanks
ivanovic
Lord of Translations

Re: Can't Click anything Lucid Lynx Ubuntu 10.4

Post by ivanovic »

This is a known bug in libsdl (yes, ubuntu will ship a broken libsdl in 10.4 if they don't react...): http://bugzilla.libsdl.org/show_bug.cgi?id=894

Workaround: Either downgrade to libsdl 1.2.13 or switch to fullscreen mode.
gibbylinks

Post by gibbylinks »

Thanks for quick reply. Is there a hot key for full screen mode ? and switching back ?

Obviously I cant click on anything to select it ;0)
SkeletonCrew
Inactive Developer

Post by SkeletonCrew »

ctr-f toggles fullscreen mode
gibbylinks

Post by gibbylinks »

Cheers. I can play now.

Thanks
EmlynC

Post by EmlynC »

Many thanks, this tip worked for me. :)
zaleksf

Post by zaleksf »

I can confirm this problem: Running Dell Inspiron 1420 (Intel Core2) with Ubuntu Lucid Lynx 64-bit, 'standard' libraries from the repository and built Wesnoth-1.8.1 from source using scons (and make on a separate occasion when I thought scons must have failed...). I have never had an issue with this before (previous wesnoth-1.7.x - 1.8.0 and previous Ubuntu distros).

When the Wesnoth app is launched in any mode other than 'full screen' the on-screen buttons are not functional; switching to full scree does make all the buttons functional.

So...Can I perform a more significant repair to my Ubuntu Lucid distro by removing all of the standard SDL libraries, and compiling my own? Or will this not really solve the problem?

Thanks,
SZ
Panda_

Post by Panda_ »

Confirmed.

I managed to perform the action "click" by "double clicking with Mouse1 and Mouse2".
Isawa Aneko
Ishiken

"Dead ? Me ? My clan is in danger, and the Empire is falling ! I don't have time to die !"
Bluebearbevis

Post by Bluebearbevis »

Hi all,

I too am experiencing this issue and a combination of hot keys and double mouse clicks seems to be working. However, I am experiencing an added issue when trying to use full screen. In full screen mode, first the screen is black/gray, then a (for lack of a better term) bank of white fog invades the screen from the top left flowing out to about a third of the screen. This is followed by a purplish fog that flows out not so far. Basically, any game I try to play full screen does this, but BFW is the only game I can play at 1366x691 resolution which magically appeared some how. My screen resolution is normally 1366x768, but any game you try to play at that res. extends off the bottom of the screen. Sorry to get off the original topic, perhaps I should have opened a one. Thanks for letting me share,

Richard
maclura

Post by maclura »

suvorov

Post by suvorov »

Im having the same problem. Actually I can click if I hold the left mosue button and then click with the right mouse button. But it gets really tiresome to keep doing that through an entire game... which I HAVE done. The full screen solution does not help me. I still have to right click while holding left click, or vice versa, to do anything... will keep trying various suggestions.

I'm hesitant to tinker with Linux source code cause I don't really know what I'm doing... I had a hard enough time upgrading to 1.8.1 since 1.6.5 is still the only version supported by the ubuntu software center. (as of May 11 2010)
It is good that war is terrible, lest we grow too fond.

-Robert E. Lee
steve19137

Post by steve19137 »

thanks a bunch for the hotkey tip. that works, and its great for my netbook, but sometimes i like to play in windowed mode so i can switch back and forth between my work and play. exactly which libsdl do i need to downgrade, and which level do i downgrade to?

edit: as a matter of fact, i cannot find the lower version of the libsdl1.2debian package. please help.
silene

Post by silene »

steve19137 wrote:exactly which libsdl do i need to downgrade, and which level do i downgrade to?
You can also upgrade instead.

Code: Select all

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ajmitch/ppa