Sudden crash

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
cool evil

Sudden crash

Post by cool evil »

Not sure if this has been fixed or not, but i see no thread pertaining to this in the first couple pages of this forum so here goes. Yesterday when i'm playing 6P team survival, the game suddenly exited on me and the Wesnoth application disappeared from the taskbar when i went to check. Now i thought this might have been a network issue but it happened again today in Isar's cross. There's no error log or pop-up of any kind and i'm afraid this might happen again and interrupt me in the middle of a match.

There's no way to reproduce this as far as i know since it just comes out of the blue. Again, a confirmation on whether or not this has been reported and/or fixed in the latest version of wesnoth would be great, as i don't want a new install only to find out it isn't fixed.

I'm running XP SP3 and 1.6.0.
Have no fear, Vlad is here!
Iris
Site Administrator

Re: Sudden crash

Post by Iris »

cool evil wrote:I'm running XP SP3 and 1.6.0.
Um, 1.6a, 1.6.1 or later should be used instead. The original 1.6 version had some important problems...
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
cool evil

Re: Sudden crash

Post by cool evil »

I'm downloading 1.6.5 as you've said in hopes of this being fixed. Will report back on my findings about this soon.
Have no fear, Vlad is here!