Breakage in Liberty: Civil Disobedience

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
DoctorJ

Breakage in Liberty: Civil Disobedience

Post by DoctorJ »

There are definite problems in the ending of this scenario. I've already posted in the campaign feedback forum about an issue i experienced previously, wherein killing the enemy leader gives no XP. However when i played it again i ran into a bug that prevented going on to the next scenario. After killing him, my soldiers disappeared one by one, reappearing again after being healed. At that point, Wesnoth put up an error requester:

Code: Select all

The game could not be loaded:
load_game_failed: Attempt to de-serialize a unit
with no 'type' field (probably empty)
This is from the log file:

Code: Select all

Battle for Wesnoth v1.6.4
Started on Mon Aug 10 04:10:30 2009

Game executable doesn't have the name "wesnoth" or similar; impossible to guess the server executable name.

Data directory: /Applications/Games/Wesnoth.app/Contents/Resources/./
User configuration directory: /Users/doctorjlowe/Library/Preferences/Wesnoth_1.6

Checking video mode: 1024x768x32...
setting mode to 1024x768x32

(process:4594): Pango-WARNING **: couldn't load font "DejaVu Sans,WenQuanYi Zen Hei Bold Not-Rotated 18", falling back to "Sans Bold Not-Rotated 18", expect ugly output.

(process:4594): Pango-WARNING **: couldn't load font "DejaVu Sans,WenQuanYi Zen Hei Not-Rotated 14", falling back to "Sans Not-Rotated 14", expect ugly output.
20090810 05:02:58 error general: The game could not be loaded: load_game_failed: Attempt to de-serialize a unit with no 'type' field (probably empty)
I sent the save file [taken just prior to the last attack] to my other computer, and got the exact same error. Use the villager at 12,9 to attack the leader.

Details:
OSX 10.4.11
BfW 1.6.4
Attachments
Liberty-Civil_Disobedience_Turn_11.3.gz
Save taken just before killing the leader.
(20.22 KiB) Downloaded 82 times
silene

Re: Breakage in Liberty: Civil Disobedience

Post by silene »

There is an unnamed level-0 "ruffian" unit in your recall list; it is responsible for the breakage you experience. Do you remember how you got it? It may help to find the bug in the campaign (in the first scenario I guess).

As for your issue, just press alt+r to bring up the recall dialog box and discard the broken unit (your leader doesn't have to be on keep for discarding units). It will allow you to kill the boss without any error message.
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

You have a ruffian on your recall list which breaks the turning-peasants-into-outlaws code. I'll commit a fix to 1.7+svn but probably won't port to 1.6 since you must have gotten that ruffian via the debug mode anyway. If you get rid of it, everything seems to work fine (minus the XP issue).

Looks like silene beat me to it.
DoctorJ

Post by DoctorJ »

zookeeper wrote:I'll commit a fix to 1.7+svn but probably won't port to 1.6 since you must have gotten that ruffian via the debug mode anyway.
D'oh! I'd forgot about him. Let me apologize for raising an issue over something i did. :oops: And thank you both for the rapid response. BTW, do you plan a fix for the XP issue?
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

DoctorJ wrote:
zookeeper wrote:I'll commit a fix to 1.7+svn but probably won't port to 1.6 since you must have gotten that ruffian via the debug mode anyway.
D'oh! I'd forgot about him. Let me apologize for raising an issue over something i did. :oops: And thank you both for the rapid response. BTW, do you plan a fix for the XP issue?
Actually it seems to already been fixed in 1.7, I've just never ported the fix to 1.6.