1.6 for Mac OS X 3.9?

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
masterdogma

1.6 for Mac OS X 3.9?

Post by masterdogma »

Hey guys, Wesnoth is an awesome game, I personally equate it in awesomeness to Starcraft, thus sometimes when I'm sick of Starcraft, I hit up a slower varying version of strategy game.

Such happened today when I finally decided to go after version 1.6 for my copy of Wesnoth, unfortunately as far as I can tell, that won't work. It seems the latest versions are strictly for 10.4+ and my Mac runs on 10.3.9.

I'm just checking to see if there is a 10.3.9 compatible version of these downloads or simply a 10.3.9 compatible multiplayer server package that'll give me access to the latest server with me having to replace my entire client (I heard there are multiplayer files for separate download, but I can't find them anywhere).

Or am I to give up hope on my current server and wait until I get a new Mac? :augh:
penguin
macOS Packager

Re: 1.6 for Mac OS X 3.9?

Post by penguin »

masterdogma wrote:or simply a 10.3.9 compatible multiplayer server package that'll give me access to the latest server with me having to replace my entire client (I heard there are multiplayer files for separate download, but I can't find them anywhere).
That part of your message I'm not sure about. But otherwise, I'm sorry to say, there will probably never be a version of 1.6 compatible with 10.3. It would just be REALLY hard to do, and you are a rather small minority. It may not even be possible without modifying the code, because 10.3 only supports gcc 3.3, and I'm not sure if Wesnoth supports gcc <4 anymore.
ancestral
Inactive Developer

Re: 1.6 for Mac OS X 3.9?

Post by ancestral »

1.3 or 1.4 works with 10.3.9 I believe.
Wesnoth BestiaryPREVIEW IT HERE )
Unit tree and stat browser
CanvasPREVIEW IT HERE )
Exp. map viewer