Resolved: Connecting to 1.4 server

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
opensourcejunkie

Resolved: Connecting to 1.4 server

Post by opensourcejunkie »

Hey, I wanted to grab a campaign off of the 1.4 server, without going through the hassle of reinstalling the outdated version. I remember reading somewhere that you can connect to the server of an old version in-game; I just can't remember how, or what port to use. Thanks for any help with this,
--OSJ
Last edited by opensourcejunkie on April 8th, 2009, 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
what if the Bible's claims about Christ depicted accurate, verifiable history? given some research, you might be surprised at the evidence...
Turuk
Sithslayer

Re: Connecting to 1.4 server

Post by Turuk »

You can add :15005 to access the 1.4 server from inside 1.6.

In a much easier fashion, you can download them straight from the website so you do not have to then dig it out of your userdata.

http://www.wesnoth.org/addons/1.4
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
opensourcejunkie

Post by opensourcejunkie »

heh! leave it to Turuk to come up with a sensible solution. Thanks,
--OSJ

Edit: Heh. So, the campaign I was looking for is Delfador's Memoirs. I just found a post about its going mainline, so now I know why it wasn't on the 1.6 Add-on server, (or the 1.4, for that matter).I guess I'll just have to wait a week before I find the images I'm looking to rip from it.
Last edited by opensourcejunkie on April 8th, 2009, 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
what if the Bible's claims about Christ depicted accurate, verifiable history? given some research, you might be surprised at the evidence...
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

No problem, just doing what I can to make your life easier. ;)
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time