wesnoth-1.5.9-win32 login error

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
Starwolf1991

wesnoth-1.5.9-win32 login error

Post by Starwolf1991 »

When I first tried to go on the official server for this version, it said my login name was registered. I took it that it recognised my login on here. So I inserted my password correctly and it said it was incorrect. I reset my password to a new one and it had the same result. What is going on here?
Wintermute
Inactive Developer

Re: wesnoth-1.5.9-win32 login error

Post by Wintermute »

Are you using EXACTLY the same login as your forum name? complete with 1991 at the end?
"I just started playing this game a few days ago, and I already see some balance issues."
Baufo
Inactive Developer

Post by Baufo »

You must be either using a nick different than 'StarWolf1991' or mistyping your password. If there is no error in the hashing algorithm of course. If you have double checked that you are using the correct nick and password and still are unable to log in please let me know.
I was working on the proof of one of my poems all the morning, and took out a comma. In the afternoon I put it back again. -- Oscar Wilde
Starwolf1991

Post by Starwolf1991 »

This is rather strange. On most days, when I have tried to log in as my name, which I have been entering correctly, username and password, it constantly said it was wrong. But today, it decided to respond. I believe somehow the login thing is a bit dodgy. I will see how it goes.