OOS - Standard + myth + extended

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
Wumtog

OOS - Standard + myth + extended

Post by Wumtog »

HI

I get OOS when i recruit vampire units (only with vamps)

for me one was obedient, fast - for the other he was resilient - fast

i have versions of yesterday (wesoth and addons). the problems exists since 1 week for me. ( i reinstalled)

it happens in every game so i think its not a problem of up to date eras

map is orocia randommod - others maps will be tested

please help
JW

Re: OOS - Standard + myth + extended

Post by JW »

If you're playing on 1.4, I've heard of that too. I've only been working on the 1.5 EoM though, as I don't have the 1.4 .pbl. Also, 1.4 WML is going out of date once 1.6 rolls around.

I don't know what exactly causes it though.
Yogibear
Retired Developer

Post by Yogibear »

You said you reinstalled a week ago. If that means reinstalling wesnoth completely and you simply overwrote the old folders without completely deleting them first, this is very likely the reason for it. In that case delete everything, then make a clean installation and it should work.
Smart persons learn out of their mistakes, wise persons learn out of others mistakes!
Wumtog

Post by Wumtog »

no i did not oerwrite. i always uninstall and delete the rests.

how cam u play 1,5 ? there are no games there almost..
Rimbecano

Post by Rimbecano »

I can confirm this. I have also had OOS problems while trying to spectate MP games with this era on 1.4.
"Reading files and creating cache"

Creating cache? Isn't counterfeiting illegal... :P
Juan-

Post by Juan- »

I know it, im not the only one who have oos with only the vamps.
You say i need to delete all, but, I dont want to lose my saves and my friend list, so, how can I avoid losing that data?
Mnewton1 code acolite...
Yogibear
Retired Developer

Post by Yogibear »

Your savegames are in the "saves"-folder, your friends list stays in the "preferences" file. Just spare those two from deleting.
Smart persons learn out of their mistakes, wise persons learn out of others mistakes!
lesy

Post by lesy »

Hi,

I had the same problem, oos with vampires + some steppe orc's units from extended era. I believe it was caused by conflict with unit definitions from BEEM - Balancing extended era modification - which feautures the same factions (can anyone confirm the cause?). First I thought it was caused by outdated versions, but that hyphothesis was succesfully proven wrong :). Problem was solved by reinstalling (deleting all add-ons). From now on I keep my 1.4+ version clean (just the basic EoM and EE) and it works fine.
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

Moved from Faction & Era Contributions. This did not belong there.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
JW

Post by JW »

lesy wrote:Hi,

I had the same problem, oos with vampires + some steppe orc's units from extended era. I believe it was caused by conflict with unit definitions from BEEM - Balancing extended era modification - which feautures the same factions (can anyone confirm the cause?). First I thought it was caused by outdated versions, but that hyphothesis was succesfully proven wrong :). Problem was solved by reinstalling (deleting all add-ons). From now on I keep my 1.4+ version clean (just the basic EoM and EE) and it works fine.
Ahhh....that would make sense. That is a damn shame if true because that would mean the BEEM uses the same unit ids as the EOM when I specifically added the tag "EOM_" before each unit id so they could be changed if the units were ever used in another era.