Where do view points when leader is dead.

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
Cernunnos
Art Contributor

Where do view points when leader is dead.

Post by Cernunnos »

Hi,

It may seem an odd title, but it's a real thing i just noticed,

This happens only in MP games, and i noticed it in survival.

In 3p survival for example, when your leader is dead, you can continue to play, cause the defeat trigger is "when all heroes are dead".
The problem is that the view never centers on your units, because view always points to the leader at the beginning of each turn where the leader is alive.
Where your leader is dead, view points to nothing and stays on the last moved units (so in this example, any unit of player 3).
So at the beginning of each turn, you must scroll to your units (unless you know the shortcut "next-unit" (n?))

So may i suggest, only if you find it relevant, and if the problem applies to other games, not only the 3p survival map, that the view centers on the leader, but, if he's dead, view centers on the more experienced unit you still have?

Or something like it...

I already see some critics, like "n" does that... (quit cause you'll never make it without a hero... :lol2: )..., but i think it's not much for good coders like wesnoth ones are...

BTW, if you think it's only for survival and that i should post elsewhere, please tell me or move the thread.
Well, thanks a lot, bye.
"While portrait art may be where Wesnoth gets its glamour, and sprite art may be where Wesnoth gets its zest, it's the terrain art that's so crucial to Wesnoth's polish - it's the canvas that the rest goes on." Sangel