new versions install help

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
deputydeacon

new versions install help

Post by deputydeacon »

question: I have 1.4 downloaded on my computer. i want to download the new versions, yet when i donwload 4.5 and 4.6, i only get folders. no setup.exe or istall icon. I have updated wesnoth in the past and had no probs, but now im having an issue. if this has already been answered inanother post, direct me there. i just want to update this great free game. thanks
Elven

Re: new versions install help

Post by Elven »

deputydeacon wrote:question: I have 1.4 downloaded on my computer. i want to download the new versions, yet when i donwload 4.5 and 4.6, i only get folders. no setup.exe or istall icon. I have updated wesnoth in the past and had no probs, but now im having an issue. if this has already been answered inanother post, direct me there. i just want to update this great free game. thanks
using microsoft windows?
Creator of Greenie knižnica and Greenie Linux and Wesnoth unofficial LiveCD; Slovak/Czech translator and creator of many campaigns. Everything is here on one place.
deputydeacon

Post by deputydeacon »

yes windows, my home pc is 1.4.5, i want to upgrade to 1.4.6, my laptop is 1.4.4, yet now i am having the same prob, i cant get i.4.4 to upload to 1.4.5. is the issue my download? again its downloading the files i need, but no way to install it, its weird. iv patched and updated and loaded mods for other games so i can usually muddle my way through this but now im just stumped any help would be appreaciated, thanks
loonycyborg
Windows Packager

Post by loonycyborg »

Which exact file are you downloading? Hopefully not one which ends with .tar.gz? You need .exe
"meh." - zookeeper
deputydeacon

Post by deputydeacon »

yeah it is tar.gz, it is not an exe, where do i download exe, tar.gz was what downloaded when i went to download the newest version for windows? so what do i do to get the exe, i should be good from there thanks
ivanovic
Lord of Translations

Post by ivanovic »

Uhm, on the frontpage, just click on *WIndows*, not on *Source*. Then you will get the windows version. Source stands for "source code", you know, for those who want to compile themselves and maybe alter the game themselves.