Bugs in development version?

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
BloodIssyl

Bugs in development version?

Post by BloodIssyl »

Picked up 1.5.6 and played a game of Undead (me) vs Knalgan Alliance (comp) on Hamlets (2p) with 70% exp, fog of war, no shroud, no time limit, no observers.

While playing the game, when i tried to use the conventional ctrl+r to recruit units at the hex of my choice. It didn't respond to this, and after trying about a dozen times, i gave up and used the menu recruit option, which worked, but made me recruit at the back hex forward. After recruiting my starting team, the next turn i tried again, but instead of not working or giving me the recruitment menu, it just recruited another unit of the last recruited unit (recruited a ghost because the unit recruited prior to that was a ghost) at the hex i targeted. A little unsatisfied because i didn't want a ghost, i lived with it for the rest of the game. However, about 75% through the game (can't quite remember how many turns, sorry) it stopped doing this, and started bringing up the recruit menu with the ctrl+r option, and recruiting at the spot i wanted. Not sure if this is a new feature, but to me, it seems like a bug.

I had another bug, that when my units discovered a unit (press t to continue) the unit in question did not continue along it's chosen path, even if i pressed t. I had to manually finish the movement route i wanted. Again, not sure if this is supposed to be new, but it irritated me, and seemed like a bug. This never stopped during a game.

I forgot to save a replay of this game.
Also, i lost that game :(

Finally, it might be noteworthy that i played and won two games with a computer (different factions on different maps) before this and didn't encounter these bugs.

Am i deluding, or what? :hmm:

Also, props to Jetryl/neoriceisgood/whoever else is awesome with art around here for the new animations and units, they look very awesome and made the game that much more exciting. I especially like the new mage firebolt animation.
Soliton
Site Administrator

Re: Bugs in development version?

Post by Soliton »

BloodIssyl wrote:While playing the game, when i tried to use the conventional ctrl+r to recruit units at the hex of my choice. It didn't respond to this, and after trying about a dozen times, i gave up and used the menu recruit option, which worked, but made me recruit at the back hex forward. After recruiting my starting team, the next turn i tried again, but instead of not working or giving me the recruitment menu, it just recruited another unit of the last recruited unit (recruited a ghost because the unit recruited prior to that was a ghost) at the hex i targeted. A little unsatisfied because i didn't want a ghost, i lived with it for the rest of the game. However, about 75% through the game (can't quite remember how many turns, sorry) it stopped doing this, and started bringing up the recruit menu with the ctrl+r option, and recruiting at the spot i wanted. Not sure if this is a new feature, but to me, it seems like a bug.
Sounds like you pressed ctrl+alt+r instead which recruits the same unit again. This does nothing until you recruited the first time that turn naturally. Maybe your alt key got stuck or something.

Btw, another possibility is to right click the castle hex you want to recruit on and choose the recruit option from the context menu.
"If gameplay requires it, they can be made to live on Venus." -- scott
BloodIssyl

Re: Bugs in development version?

Post by BloodIssyl »

AH!

That seems like a likely problem. Thanks.

I'll play some more tomorrow, and if i encounter the problems again, I'll reply in this thread.