1.5.5 - Missing signpost - Sceptre of Fire

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
Feldegast

1.5.5 - Missing signpost - Sceptre of Fire

Post by Feldegast »

Version: 1.5.5
Campaign: The Sceptre of Fire
Scenario: Searching for the Runecrafter

Second scenario objective is to "move Thursagan to the signpost". I see no signpost on the map.

Update: The signpost appears on 4,28 (previously a cave field) it seems. It's unclear what leads to discovering it.

The initial mission is to find Thursagan and "... bring him back to the caves". Perhaps one needs to remember this detail and when he is close to the castle and cave, the signpost graphics appear. It's confusing...
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Re: 1.5.5 - Missing signpost - Sceptre of Fire

Post by zookeeper »

Ok, I made the signpost blink a bit at that point to pinpoint the location more clearly.
Feldegast

Post by Feldegast »

Under which conditions does the signpost appear?

Is it only seen if dwarven units are nearby?

Perhaps it doesn't appear if the area around it is covered by shroud?

For me, the problem was that it didn't appear till Thursagan and other units moved close to the caves.
Exploring the map with a gryphoon didn't help. That was several turns after getting Thursagan out of his house and scanning the entire map for the signpost without success. I then examined the scenario data to learn about the coordinates. Only moving him close to that location made the signpost appear.
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

Feldegast wrote:Under which conditions does the signpost appear?

Is it only seen if dwarven units are nearby?

Perhaps it doesn't appear if the area around it is covered by shroud?

For me, the problem was that it didn't appear till Thursagan and other units moved close to the caves.
Exploring the map with a gryphoon didn't help. That was several turns after getting Thursagan out of his house and scanning the entire map for the signpost without success. I then examined the scenario data to learn about the coordinates. Only moving him close to that location made the signpost appear.
The signpost appears when you get Thursagan, when the objectives change. I have no idea how it could have been invisible at any point after that.
Feldegast

Post by Feldegast »

I dunno either, but I am not stupid ya know? And I understand it may not be simple to reproduce. In my second try from the start of the scenario, I moved my units differently, and the signpost appeared immediately when meeting Thursagan.

Fact is, for my first attempt in 1.5.5 there still was no signpost on the map after Thursagan had already moved out of his house south-east of the keep. With the changed scenario objective I scanned the entire map with my eyes -- twice or thrice even -- then used a Gryphoon to explore all shroud areas including the south-west around the keep. Meanwhile, Thursagen was north on the road east of the keep. All other units were at least a few turns away from the keep. The keep was covered in shroud. Only as soon as I returned some dwarfs including Thursagan back to the keep and close to the caves, the signpost appeared.
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

Feldegast wrote:I dunno either, but I am not stupid ya know? And I understand it may not be simple to reproduce. In my second try from the start of the scenario, I moved my units differently, and the signpost appeared immediately when meeting Thursagan.

Fact is, for my first attempt in 1.5.5 there still was no signpost on the map after Thursagan had already moved out of his house south-east of the keep. With the changed scenario objective I scanned the entire map with my eyes -- twice or thrice even -- then used a Gryphoon to explore all shroud areas including the south-west around the keep. Meanwhile, Thursagen was north on the road east of the keep. All other units were at least a few turns away from the keep. The keep was covered in shroud. Only as soon as I returned some dwarfs including Thursagan back to the keep and close to the caves, the signpost appeared.
Well, the keep couldn't have been covered in shroud, but if you meant fog, then yes, I suppose images placed on the map such as signposts might now be hidden under fog by default, whereas (IMO anyway) they should show up through fog by default. I'll look into it. Probably something that happened when an option to specify whether or not a specific item image should show through the fog was added.