Fixed goblin spearman attack animation - BfW 1.3.10

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
PingPangQui

Fixed goblin spearman attack animation - BfW 1.3.10

Post by PingPangQui »

The attack animation of the goblin spearman has been somehow funny in BfW version 1.3.10 - it throws or stabs with the spear randomly ignoring attack "range" (melee or ranged).

This leads to funny fights - some kind of ninja goblins - throwing and stabing spears simultaneously ;). However, I suppose that this is not how it is meant to be.

The reason for this strange behavior is that both attacks of the goblin have internally the same name (not just in the user interface).

I've just fixed the "Spearman.cfg" file and changed all relevant strings from "spear" to "javelin" (for the user this attack is still called "spear" though). Please see attached file.

The fixed cfg-file doesn't work correctly with formerly saved games though. Only melee animation is used there. Probably because the ranged attack is internally still called "spear" in the formerly saved games.

P.S.: Sorry that I post this here. I subscribed to get an account on gna, but didn't get an affirmation e-mail yet.

P.P.S.: fixed for Goblin Impaler too.
Attachments
Impaler.cfg.tar.gz
(1.22 KiB) Downloaded 136 times
Spearman.cfg.tar.gz
(1.29 KiB) Downloaded 122 times
Last edited by PingPangQui on November 13th, 2007, 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Clan Antagonist.

"Larry the Cow was a bit frustrated at the current state of Linux distributions (...) until he tried Gentoo Linux" - Free Software for free people.
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

I actually fixed this locally some minutes ago, just didn't commit yet, but thanks anyway. :P
Dragonchampion

Post by Dragonchampion »

Can you put it in a .zip for those of us with windows?
Ehhhh... don't mind me, I'm just the annoying little modder who gets on peoples nerves. I'll just lurk till Someone says my name. :P

Oh, and also Creator of The War Of Terrador
Jack the Ripper

Post by Jack the Ripper »

Dragonchampion wrote:Can you put it in a .zip for those of us with windows?
Do you mean this? ;)
Attachments
Impaler.zip
(1.24 KiB) Downloaded 135 times
Spearman.zip
(1.25 KiB) Downloaded 102 times
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Dragonchampion wrote:Can you put it in a .zip for those of us with windows?
You could have browsed svn trunk using the web based interface and downloaded it by hand yourself.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.