Level up health issues

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
LemonMan

Level up health issues

Post by LemonMan »

I was playing the game and my elf sharpshooter leveled up and its health didn't come back...

Isn't the health supposed to regenerate when you level up?
Why do I suck at Wesnoth?
Weeksy

Post by Weeksy »

Look in the Wesnoth manual on AMLA's. After a unit hits maximum level, when it levels up, it won't get anything more than a few hp when it levels, not even a full heal. It sucks some, but it's the way things go.
If enough people bang their heads against a brick wall, The brick wall will fall down
Clonkinator

Post by Clonkinator »

The only exception is the necrophage, which can choose between the standard +3HP +25% XP AMLA and it's own special full-health-AMLA.
LemonMan

Post by LemonMan »

ok

Thanks, one more thing. When I try to do some of the campaigns it says that there are illegal characters in the map or something. I really want to play those campaigns... :(
Why do I suck at Wesnoth?
Weeksy

Post by Weeksy »

Those campaigns are probably old campaigns that are incompatible with whatever version of wesnoth you're using. If you want to play them you have to get a newer, compatible version of the campaign, or an older version of wesnoth.
If enough people bang their heads against a brick wall, The brick wall will fall down
hjwn

Post by hjwn »

LemonMan wrote: When I try to do some of the campaigns it says that there are illegal characters in the map or something.(
This also happens with development=unstable (1.3.x) releases. AFAIK the terrain has been changed between 1.3.2 and 1.3.3 (tiles are represented by characters in the map definition) and not all campaigns have been updated yet.
MageRain

Post by MageRain »

Back to original topic. I thought it was a bug, not feature because when you have a unit of, say, 18/36 HP and it can get upgrade of +4 HP or of a new weapon in this preview window you choose kind of level up there is 40/40 HP and 36/36 HP, not 18/40 HP and 18/36 HP.

So that was preview window which was broken