Multiplayer Screen Bug/Lock PLEASE ASSIST

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
Seiksae

Multiplayer Screen Bug/Lock PLEASE ASSIST

Post by Seiksae »

I recently came upon this game on a website while I searching for an interesting game to play. I checked it out and decided to download it. I downloaded version 1.2.4 and installed it. Everything runs fine execpt when i click on Multiplayer and the click on a type of multiplayer game i want to play such as Human vs. AI the game locks up. If I'm playing in full screen I just have to minimize it to my toolbar and reopen it for the Multiplayer map selection screen to appear. This is kind of frustrating because it makes me believe something may either be wrong with the game or my system. If I try to do this while playing in a Window screen, it just locks up and reads Not Responding on the Task Manager, and it doesn't ever get to the Multiplayer map selection screen. I was just wondering if anyone could help me with this dilema.
MSchmahl
Code Contributor

Post by MSchmahl »

I can't reproduce this. But I would say the first thing to try is to switch to a low screen-resolution, and see what happens.
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

Are you sure your firewall isn't just blocking the connection attempt (which would make the game appear frozen)?

EDIT: Nevermind, as you actually said this happens when attempting local MP too.
Last edited by zookeeper on May 5th, 2007, 4:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Post by Sapient »

It may just be taking a long time to parse all of your add-ons. Try letting it sit there and time it, eventually it may go through.
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."
Seiksae

Post by Seiksae »

i guess i'll give the sitt and wait method a try, seeing how its the one thing i haven't had the patients to do yet. Thanks for all the help everyone.