Mouse (pointer) too slow with Trackball.

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
:DanishCow

Mouse (pointer) too slow with Trackball.

Post by :DanishCow »

First of all, Thx for the great game and the new version is awesome.

Now too my little problem with Wesnoth... When running Wesnoth with a normal mouse and with logitech drivers installed it has the sensitivity it needs. But when im playing on my laptop in my bed enjoying the game with my trackball... Well it's hard too enjoy the game with a very very slow sensitivity, i like it too be very high on sensitivity so i dont need to push the ball again and again to get too some point on the screen. I have my Logitech drivers installed and im always running it at highest sensitivity and works well in windows and havent had any problems in games with it becouse you can adjust the mouse in options if it's too slow.
The problem seems with wesnoth that it reset the mouse to standard and i can't seem to find a feature in options too set the sensitivity up :(
Wesnoth is sure one of those games you could injoy in bed with your laptop, with a trackball and don't need to think of getting room for the mouse running around your bed, the trackball stays put and you use your finger's' but the very slow sensitivity is sorry to say ruin the game flat out on laptop for me.

Have any of you an idea how too set the sensitivity up?
Or could a adjust feature for sensitivity be made for the game?

Dearly regards :DanishCow
appleide

Post by appleide »

What laptop still uses a track ball? I thought they were all trackpads now. My laptop uses a trackpad and its fine. (or if you meant one of those trackballs placed on a desk, then in my experience they are always too slow no matter how fast you set them).
Why did the fish laugh? Because the sea weed.

Trackman marble

Its a Trackman Marble from Logitech.
But there must be a way to solve my little issue... My finger pad on my laptop is too slow as well, and i don't like too use if i can help it. My nerves can't stand it ;)
Dearly Regards DanishCow
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

I don't know about track balls, but in my computers, when I enable the "show color cursors", Wesnoth ignores my mouse settings (tested with an old standard mouse and a light-based mouse, both in Linux 2.6.13 / X.org and Windows XP SP2, Wesnoth versions 0.9.6, 1.0.2, 1.1.2b, 1.1.10 and 1.1.14).

So I don't use color cursors, because it slows down my mouse. Maybe you have it enabled? In that case, disabling it may help.

EDIT: I use the high mouse speed setting with X.org and WinXP, with medium sensitivity. I just can't stand the default speed used by most Linux distros and WinXP, its way too slow for me, even under low display resolution modes.
Taku

Post by Taku »

I have the same problem with a logitech mouse, though it is mostly a problem because wesnoth crashes fairly often at times and it is annoying to adapt to the changing sensitivity of the mouse.

Still going slow

Have installed the newest version of TBFW And i don't have show color cursors clicked on!
Still the mouse cursor is way too slow for me
Iv tried to set the show color cursors on, but i don't find it slower with the feature on.
I can't play this game with my trackball, could we not get a sensitivity feature in the game? Somebody rescue me and my joy with the game!
Dearly Regards DanishCow