Chocobone description repeated three times

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
elricz

Chocobone description repeated three times

Post by elricz »

Hello,

I have noticed that the chocobone.cfg file is repeated three times in different campaing unit folders (Heir to the Throne, The rise of Wesnoth and The south guard). Also, the 6 images are repeated in the three campaign folders.
I am pointing this because it is the only unit on the official game and campaigns in this situation, is there any criteria for that? I am trying to understand the folder structure, and if there is any reason for the placement of the files.

Thanks.
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

Yeah, the chocobone happens to be a custom unit that's used in several mainline campaigns. There should be just one chocobone in data/units instead of duplicating it across campaigns, but I haven't done this change yet since it would probably break the string freeze and such. I'm planning on moving the chocobone into the default data/units after 1.2 and removing the campaign-specific instances of it.

There aren't any real reasons for the current situation.
elricz

Post by elricz »

Thanks, that makes sense.

BTW, there is an irrelevant mispelling on the units.cfg file for the drakefly movetype. In defense, it says cavewal=80 (just one l). As they never can't enter a cavewall I suppose it wouldn't matter.
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

elricz wrote:BTW, there is an irrelevant mispelling on the units.cfg file for the drakefly movetype. In defense, it says cavewal=80 (just one l). As they never can't enter a cavewall I suppose it wouldn't matter.
Doesn't matter really, but thanks. I fixed it anyway.
Noyga
Inactive Developer

Post by Noyga »

It is in several campaign specific unit directories because it is a campaign-specific unit, an that is not the only case, there is several others.
Note that moving it to mainline unit might break some UMC, because they also use the unit, but with different stats.
"Ooh, man, my mage had a 30% chance to miss, but he still managed to hit! Awesome!" ;) -- xtifr