0.7.3 save bug?

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
ahwayakchih

0.7.3 save bug?

Post by ahwayakchih »

I saved game after finish of Snow Plains scenario. Started plaing North Elves, but made mistakes, so i wanted start again. Unfortunetly after loading save game i saw Sceptre of Fire scenario instead of North Elves!
Auto-save loads ok (North Elves).
I looked into save files (my save, and auto-save) and both contain Sceptre of fire data (probably because that map is random, and maybe it's needed to keep it for later use).
mbabuskov

Post by mbabuskov »

Same thing happens to me (0.7.2)

Luckily I saved turn 1 (after all these messages - storyline)
fmunoz
Founding Artist

Post by fmunoz »

This is know bug... (Open bug #8527 https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/index. ... em_id=8527)
Please add a "me too" message in the bug report (and attack the savefile if you want)
Thanks for the bug report :-)
Ton

me too

Post by Ton »

fmunoz wrote:This is know bug... (Open bug #8527 https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/index. ... em_id=8527)
Please add a "me too" message in the bug report (and attack the savefile if you want)
Thanks for the bug report :-)
Hi. I have the same problem, wanting to replay (try again) the Return to Wesnoth scenario, but I also get Scepter of Fire instead of the start save of the scenario.

As the link above doesn't work, I'll attach it here.

Thx for your help! :)
energyman

Post by energyman »

Hi,
I have the same problem with 0.7.2.
Attached is 'Return to wesnoth' because I forgot to save after the first round...

I do not care, if this is a known bug and why 'Sceptre of Fire' is the choosen one. I want my savegame back *whine* Is there any way to force wesnoth to load the choosen savegame and not SoF?
But it is not related to the fact, that I killed all enemies instead of fetching the sceptre, is it?

Glück Auf
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

energyman wrote:Hi,
I have the same problem with 0.7.2.
Attached is 'Return to wesnoth' because I forgot to save after the first round...

I do not care, if this is a known bug and why 'Sceptre of Fire' is the choosen one. I want my savegame back *whine* Is there any way to force wesnoth to load the choosen savegame and not SoF?
But it is not related to the fact, that I killed all enemies instead of fetching the sceptre, is it?

Glück Auf
um... you can win the Scepter of Fire by killing all enemies?... i think thats also a bug, related to the 'victory_when_enemies_defeated=no' bug i reported earlier.

any no, i don' think you can get your save game back, since the save data itself is wrong. the data is stored in the save game file, and it looks like what happened is the game for some reason stored the wrong data.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Kamahawk

Post by Kamahawk »

Its the random map thats doing it I think, not the "explicit-victory-conditions=yes"
My contributions to the Wesnoth Project over time are inversly proportional to the number of registered forum users!
Piet Hein wrote:Knowing what thou knowest not is in a sence Omniscience
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Kamahawk wrote:Its the random map thats doing it I think, not the "explicit-victory-conditions=yes"
i'm talking about the bug where you can win scepter of fire by killing all enemies, not the bug where your saves mess up. ;)
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
ahwayakchih

For those stopped by broken save

Post by ahwayakchih »

For those of You who have only one save file (except auto-save where You're getting beaten ;)):

Open Your broken save file (first backup it somewhere - just in case), find "[reply_start]", and remove it and all things after that - it worked here, and now i can restart North_Elves map :).

BTW it would be good to have similar option somewhere in game. IIRC Dave said it's complicated to do restart from in-game, but maybe it would be possible to make "load from start of map" option/checkbox in load dialog? :)
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

You can probably also reload your game just by ticking 'Show Replay' when loading the game.

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
ahwayakchih

Post by ahwayakchih »

Dave wrote:You can probably also reload your game just by ticking 'Show Replay' when loading the game.
Just tried it and it didn't work. It still loads broken save as it was start of Sceptre of Fire, while it should load North_Elves.
BTW i tried checking "show replay" on auto-save (which was saved in valley of stone statues, few turns after start) and it didn't replay anything - just restarted level (so yeah, i have my requested feauture, but now replay of game doesn't work... or maybe i'm doing something wrong).
energyman

Post by energyman »

Hi,

I tried replay before you mentioned it.
It fails, saying that the replay is corrupt and dumps me onto the beginning of sceptre of fire.
(And yes, I won by killing all enemies.)

I start from scratch every time a new wesnoth version comes out, and this was the first time I killed all enemies in Sceptre of Fire.