Mouse not moving in game.

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
Kharn

Mouse not moving in game.

Post by Kharn »

Just got a new laptop with a Widescreen computer and wesnoth has problems.

Here is what happens

1. when i start the program the screen quickly flashes various black boxes across the screen. Changing my resolution affects if this. (this only happens on one resolution, on the others the program wont even start or only flashes once.)

2. If the game starts up for what ever reason the mouse 90% of the time does not visually work (it moves with EXTREME lag) but i cant even see the mouse moving. Sometimes the mouse cursor will actually move to its current position. Not sure how changing screen resolution affects this but restarting my computer is the only way to affect this. It definatly does not work in the editer.

On one occassion it worked fine other than looking wierd because of my screen being Widescreen, other wise i have one of the problems listed above.

Ill remind you that this is a new computer (wesnoth was the 3rd program i put on the comp) so my blame lies in hardware not software.

So here are my computer stats. (from DxDiag)

System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
Model: Presario V2000
Processor: Mobile AMD sempron Processor 3000+, MMX, 3DNow, ~1.8GHz
Memory: 222MB Ram
Page file: 328MB used, 214 available

because it has to do with graphics...

Name: ATI RADEON XPRESS 200M
DAC Type: Internal DAC (400MHz)
Approx. Total Memory: 32 MB
Current Display Mode: 1280 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: Generic Television

That should cover it, i put a decent amount of time in making this, If you can fix it; it wont matter until the next release. Otherwise perhaps you have some tips on getting my favorite game running on what is now my only comuter.
Creator of 120+ units Lord of the Rings era and campaign now outdated & lost.
Creator of WWII Battleground Europe mod with 120+ units most with custom wml and animations. Every variable is mathematically derived based on WWII stats such as historical cost & mm armour.
Kharn

Bump

Post by Kharn »

Hey this is a glitch... Common....
Creator of WWII Battleground Europe mod with 120+ units most with custom wml and animations. Every variable is mathematically derived based on WWII stats such as historical cost & mm armour.
Kharn

WOW

Post by Kharn »

So I have 98 views and no one can help?

Am I doomed never to play full screen?
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Post by Sapient »

dxdiag - have you tried going to display and deactivating directdraw hardware acceleration?
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."