Wesnoth 1.1.8

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
UngeheuerLich

Wesnoth 1.1.8

Post by UngeheuerLich »

seems as if some of the slowing issues on win xp are resolved, although deafult speed is a bit too low for my taste, but it doesn´t stop for millisecs at the end of movement, as it appereared to be before.

also the language of traits seems to be right when new version saves are loaded, (old saves still have this problem, but it doesn´t matter)

but: i encountered a crash, when i tried to train a creature as soon i hit train button in a previously loaded 1.1.8 game.

and in mp, teams should not be called "north" and "south" in german version... it should be "nord" and "süd"

i reproduced the crash everytime i load this autosave, always whe i tried to hire anything in the upperleft corner of the castle:

edit: it also crashed at different saves on other castle locations.
Attachments
2S_-_Die_Höhle_von_Onis-Autospeichern2.zip
(11.55 KiB) Downloaded 79 times
Last edited by UngeheuerLich on July 27th, 2006, 11:54 am, edited 4 times in total.
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Re: Wesnoth 1.1.8

Post by zookeeper »

UngeheuerLich wrote:and in mp, teams should not be called "north" and "south" in german version... it should be "nord" and "süd"
It indeed looks like team names aren't marked as translateable in MP scenarios...I think we can get them marked as translateable for 1.2, but I'm not sure if those can still get translated for 1.2 or not. I guess we'll see.
UngeheuerLich

Post by UngeheuerLich »

now i even get a runtime error when i try to load from main menu

:(

mayebe because there are zip and rar dats in this folder

and when i tried from multiplayer menu, windows closed and save could not be loaded popped up.

edit: after deleting rar and zip file, it worked again
UngeheuerLich

Post by UngeheuerLich »

i started another game on onis and after reloading sometimes, the crash happened again....

now i try another map, and after that i try a clean reeinstall...

i easily reproduce this bug on another map, i don´t know how it is called in english:
Attachments
2S_-_Die_Insel_der_Stachelhaie-Autospeichern4.zip
(9.99 KiB) Downloaded 78 times
UngeheuerLich

Post by UngeheuerLich »

a clean install didn´t help.

i hope you got enough infos to fix this ;)

post if i should test more, but now i have to go.

cya.
torangan
Retired Developer

Re: Wesnoth 1.1.8

Post by torangan »

zookeeper wrote:It indeed looks like team names aren't marked as translateable in MP scenarios...I think we can get them marked as translateable for 1.2, but I'm not sure if those can still get translated for 1.2 or not. I guess we'll see.
We've got a hard string freeze, this will have to wait until 1.2.1 unfortunately.
WesCamp-i18n - Translations for User Campaigns:
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/WesCamp

Translators for all languages required: contact me. No geek skills required!
UngeheuerLich

Post by UngeheuerLich »

its the other things (not beeing able to hire units when you load a game) and maybe not beeing able to loas at all when there are other files than savegames in the save folder (e.g. .zip or .rar)) which should be adressed... name of teams is not so important... i didn´t know its hard coded... i thought it was an oversight from translator and just thought i could mention it. the other things are real bugs! which must be adressed!
Xan
Inactive Developer

Post by Xan »

The saves work fine for me...
"It is time people learned about their failures and my successes."
UngeheuerLich

Post by UngeheuerLich »

just repeat loading and hireing units till it crashes. my saves should crash. if it doesnt crash on your comp, be glad... i didn´t have this problem before 1.1.8. and now it happens very often. (i use win version onwin xp)
Xan
Inactive Developer

Post by Xan »

Well, I'm not using the official 1.1.8 build, so I'll have to try with that.
Xan
Inactive Developer

Post by Xan »

I can reproduce two crashes with the official 1.1.8 windows build.

1. After copying the save into the saves directory, then entering the load game dialog.

2. After loading the game, attempting to recruit.

The first (and maybe the second) I believe has to do with (maybe a bug) the UTF encoding.

Edit: Have you tried starting a new game?
Xan
Inactive Developer

Post by Xan »

Hmm, it seems to only occur after loading a game that was saved in a language that uses UTF encoding (German, in this case).
UngeheuerLich

Post by UngeheuerLich »

hmmh yes, with a newly created games there is no problem at all (at least no problem occured)

but all the saves i have posted are zipped autosaves from newly created games in 1.1.8. (german)

just to clarify:

1. Game often crashes when you try to hire a creature in a savegame (i only tried autosaved games)

2. Game crashes when you try to load any game and there are zip or rar files in your save game folder

and before 1.1.8. there were language issues in savegames (e.g.: traits were in english after loading)... maybe there is still a slight error related to savegames in translated versions
UngeheuerLich

Post by UngeheuerLich »

now it crashed for the first time after an orcish archer attacked my lvl2 ghost on following turn:
Attachments
2S_-_Basiliskenhöhlen-Autospeichern12.zip
(28.14 KiB) Downloaded 106 times