Fallen Lich bug

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
AWolfe

Fallen Lich bug

Post by AWolfe »

In v1.1.4a, after you activate the Lich and it's minions, they all become stone again if you reload from a save, making the mission impossible to complete as you thus cannot kill the lich. The lich remains active, recruiting new minions into available castle hexes, but invulnerable due to being stone.
scott

Post by scott »

Please file a bug report at http://bugs.wesnoth.org
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
AWolfe

Post by AWolfe »

I would file a bug report -- if that page would actually load without timing out. I've been trying for quite a while.
scott

Post by scott »

AWolfe wrote:I would file a bug report -- if that page would actually load without timing out. I've been trying for quite a while.
Hmm, I see what you mean. In the meantime, we'll keep this thread in mind, but please keep trying. The bug tracker is much better because it's harder to forget about bugs.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
bruno
Inactive Developer

Post by bruno »

AWolfe wrote:I would file a bug report -- if that page would actually load without timing out. I've been trying for quite a while.
GNA changed IP addresses yesterday and they apparently didn't try to reduce the TTLs for their DNS entries (or you are using a brain damaged ISP that uses long timeouts no matter what the DNS entry says) before the change.
Things should work better for you now.
AWolfe

Post by AWolfe »

I don't know how "brain-damaged" Time-Warner cable is, but they are one of the world's largest ISPs, not that their size excuses anything. Regardless, I still cannot access http://bugs.wesnoth.org/, but thanks for at least explaining why I cannot file a proper bug report at this time.
Soliton
Site Administrator

Post by Soliton »

As a temporary fix you can put "88.191.250.45 gna.org" into your hosts file. In any case that bug is already fixed in SVN now.
"If gameplay requires it, they can be made to live on Venus." -- scott
AWolfe

Post by AWolfe »

Thanks, Soliton, both for the IP (in case I find any more bugs) and the news that this bug's been squashed.