problem

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
eartsong

problem

Post by eartsong »

how can i use the campaings that i have downloaded????
Ken_Oh
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Ken_Oh »

If you download them while running the game (select Campaigns, Get more campaigns...) you should be able to just hit the Campaigns button again to see the newly downloaded campaign.

If you're downloading them from this forum, you need to stick the campaign (which should consist of a folder with a bunch of stuff in it and a .cfg file with the same name as the folder) in the right directory. Directory locations are listed here: http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/BuildingCam ... yStructure
eartsong

Post by eartsong »

i have already donwloaded few campaings but only appear 2 of them why??? :( :(
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

eartsong wrote:i have already donwloaded few campaings but only appear 2 of them why??? :( :(
You've downloaded something other than a campaign.
eartsong

Post by eartsong »

and how can i use it???? can i donwload maps??? because in multiplyer move i saw a reaaly rare map, was ablke to purchase items, whats the name of that map, can i download it???
Disto

Post by Disto »

eartsong wrote:and how can i use it???? can i donwload maps??? because in multiplyer move i saw a reaaly rare map, was ablke to purchase items, whats the name of that map, can i download it???
There are somethings such as the Imperial Era, which are literally other era's you can play other then the default one, be warned though, you'll need all the players to have it if it has new units.

You can get it off Roze's maps in the campaign server, but everyone has to have it. Or you can download it here, you will have to extract it and put it in the right place though.
Creator of A Seed of Evil
Creator of the Marauders
Food or Wesnoth? I'll have Wesnoth
eartsong

Post by eartsong »

where i have to put them?
Disto

Post by Disto »

Depends what O/S you use but there should be a userdata file around the place, it's inside Wesnoth in window, hidden as .wesnoth in your documents in Linux and I have no idea in Mac's. Within that should be a folder called data/campaigns and you should just be able to put the .cfg and folder in there.
Creator of A Seed of Evil
Creator of the Marauders
Food or Wesnoth? I'll have Wesnoth